Research and Review Articles
- Arora H, Singh RK, Sharma S, Sharma N, Panchal A, Das T, Prasad A, Prasad M (2022) DNA methylation dynamics in response to abiotic and pathogen stress in plants Plant Cell Reports, 10.1007/s00299-022-02901-x.
- Sharma N, Sahu PP, Prasad A, Prasad M (2022) Role of Sw5 gene cluster in fight against plant viruses. Journal of Virology, 9;96(5):e0208421.
- Sharma N, Sahu PP, Prasad A, Muthamilarasan M, Waseem M, Khan Y, Thakur JK, Chakraborty S, Prasad M (2021) The Sw5a gene confers resistance to ToLCNDV and triggers an HR response after direct AC4 effector recognition. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, United States of America, 118(33): e2101833118.4. doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2101833118
- Prasad A, Sharma N, Chirom O, Prasad M (2021) The sly-miR166-SlyHB module acts as a susceptibility factor during ToLCNDV infection in tomato. Theoretical and Applied Genetics1007/s00122-021-03962-4. DOI: 10.1007/s00122-021-03962-4
- Nagar P, Sharma N, Jain M, Sharma G, Prasad M, Mustafiz A (2021) OsPSKR15, a phytosulfokine receptor from rice enhances ABA response and drought stress tolerance. Physiologia plantarum, 10.1111/ppl.13569. DOI: 10.1111/ppl.13569.
- Sharma S, Prasad A, Sharma N, Prasad M (2021) Role of ubiquitination enzymes in abiotic environmental interactions with plants. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 181:494-507. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2021.03.185.
- Sharma N, Muthamilarasan M, Dulani P, Prasad M (2021) Genomic dissection of ROS detoxifying enzyme encoding genes for their role in antioxidative defense mechanism against Tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus infection in tomato. Genomics, 30:889-899. DOI: 10.1016/j.ygeno.2021.01.022.
- Prasad A, Sharma N, Prasad M (2020) Noncoding but Coding: Pri-miRNA into the Action. Trends in Plant Science, 26: 204-206. DOI: 10.1016/j.tplants.2020.12.004
- Sharma N, Prasad M (2020) Silencing AC1 of Tomato leaf curl virus using artificial microRNA confers resistance to leaf curl disease in transgenic tomato, Plant Cell Reports, 39:1565-1579. DOI: 10.1007/s00299-020-02584-2
- Sharma N, Muthamilarasan M, Prasad A, Prasad M (2020) Genomics approaches to synthesis plant-based biomolecules for therapeutic applications to combat SARS-CoV-2. Genomics, 24: 4322–31. DOI: 10.1016/j.ygeno.2020.07.033
- Pandey S, Prasad A, Sharma N, Prasad M (2020) Linking the plant stress responses with RNA helicases. Plant Science, 299:110607. DOI: 10.1016/j.plantsci.2020.110607.
- Prasad A, Sharma N, Hari-Gowthem G, Muthamilarasan M, Prasad M (2020) Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Virus: Impact, Challenges, and Management. Trends in Plant Science, 25, 897-911. DOI: 10.1016/j.tplants.2020.03.015
- Prasad A, Sharma N, Muthamilarasan M, Rana S, Prasad M (2019) Recent advances in small RNA mediated plant-virus interactions. Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, 39:587-601. DOI: 10.1080/07388551.2019.1597830
- Das A, Sharma N, Prasad M (2019) CRISPR/Cas9: A Novel Weapon in the Arsenal to Combat Plant Diseases Front. Plant Science, 9:2008.8. DOI:10.3389/fpls.2018.02008.
- Pandey S, Muthamilarasan M, Sharma N, Chaudhary V, Dulani P, Shweta S, Jha S, Mathur S, Prasad M (2019) Characterization of DEAD-box family of RNA helicases in tomato provides insights into their roles in biotic and abiotic stresses. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 158: 107-116. DOI: 10.1016/j.envexpbot.2018.11.018.
- Mandal A, Sharma N, Muthamilarasan M, Prasad M (2018) Ubiquitination: a tool for plant adaptation to changing environments. The Nucleus, 61, 253-260. DOI: 10.1007/s13237-018-0255-6.
- Sharma N, Prasad M (2017) An insight into plant–Tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus interaction. The Nucleus, 60: 335-348. DOI: 10.1007/s13237-017-0224-5
- Sahu PP, Sharma N, Puranik S, Chakraborty S, Prasad M (2016) Tomato 26S Proteasome subunit RPT4a regulates ToLCNDV transcription and activates hypersensitive response in tomato. Scientific reports, 6, 27078. DOI: 10.1038/srep27078.
- Pandey G*, Sharma N*, Sahu PP, Prasad M (2016) Chromatin-Based Epigenetic Regulation of Plant Abiotic Stress Response. Current Genomics 17:490-498. DOI: 10.2174/1389202917666160520103914.
- Sahu PP, Sharma N, Puranik S, Prasad M (2014) Post-transcriptional and Epigenetic Arms of RNA Silencing: A Defense Machinery of Naturally Tolerant Tomato Plant against Tomato Leaf Curl New Delhi Virus. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, 32:1015–1029. DOI: 10.1007/s11105-014-0708-2
- Sahu PP, Sharma N, Puranik S, Muthamilarasan M, Prasad M (2014) Involvement of host regulatory pathways during geminivirus infection: a novel platform for generating durable resistance. Functional & Integrative Genomics, 14: 47-58. DOI: 10.1007/s10142-013-0346-z
- Sharma N, Sahu PP, Puranik S, Prasad M (2013) Recent Advances in Plant–Virus Interaction with Emphasis on Small Interfering RNAs (siRNAs). Molecular Biotechnology, 55:63-77. DOI: 10.1007/s12033-012-9615-7
- Sahu PP, Pandey G, Sharma N, Puranik S, Muthamilarasan M, Prasad M (2013) Epigenetic mechanisms of plant stress responses and adaptation. Plant Cell Reports, 32:1151-1159. DOI: 10.1007/s00299-013-1462-x
*- Co-first author paper
- Sharma N, Sahu PP, Kulshreshtha R, Prasad M (2018) Surfacing the role of epigenetics in host-virus interaction In: Basavaprabhu P.L. eds, Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants, Caister Academic Press, U.K., pp 55-86
- Sahu PP, Sharma N, Prasad M (2017) Plant’s defense and survival strategies versus pathogen’s anti-defense and infection capabilities: The hormone-based mechanisms In: Pandey G eds, Mechanism of Plant Hormone Signaling under Stress, Vol 2. JohnWiley & Sons, pp 389-414.
- Pandey S, Sharma N, Prasad M (2020) Role of RNA-interacting proteins in modulating plant-microbe interactions. Advances in Genetics, 105: 67-94.
Sharma N, Prasad M (2018) Method for producing virus tolerant healthy crops against Tomato Leaf Curl New Delhi virus [Application number: 201711039523 A].
Sharma N, Prasad M (2020) Nucleic Acids Encoding Artificial RNA against AC1 Gene and Methods of Developing Tolerance against ToLCNDV Infection [Application number: 202011008729]