Original peer-reviewed research articles (2020-21)
- Das R R, Pradhan S, Parida A. 2020-12-04. De-novo transcriptome analysis unveils differentially expressed genes regulating drought and salt stress response in Panicum sumatrense. Scientific Reports., DOI: 10.1038/s41598-020-78118-3 (IF : 3.998)
- Ahad A, Smita S, Mishra GP, Biswas V, Sen K, Gupta B, Garcin D, Acha-Orbea H, Raghav SK. (2020) NCoR1 fine-tunes type-I IFN response in cDC1 dendritic cells by directly regulating Myd88-IRF7 axis under TLR9. European Journal of Immunology (In press). (IF: 4.180 )
- Khanna S, Pradhan P, Jaiswal KS, Jain AP, Ghosh A, Tripathy A, Gowda H, Raghav SK, Gupta B. (2020) Altered mitochondrial proteome and functional dynamics in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Mitochondrion (In press). (IF: 3.430 )
- Borah NA, Sradhanjali S, Barik MR, Jha A, Tripathy D, Kaliki S, Rath S, Raghav SK, Patnaik S, Mittal R, Reddy MM. Aurora Kinase B Expression, Its Regulation and Therapeutic Targeting in Human Retinoblastoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci.2021 Mar 1;62(3):16. doi: 10.1167/iovs.62.3.16. PMID: 33704359 (IF: 3.470)
- Raghav SK, Sen K, Ghosh A, Datta S, Ahad A, Jha A, Chatterjee S, Suranjika S, Sengupta S, Bhattacharya G, Shriwas O, Avula K, Kshatri J, Prasad P, Parida AK. SARS-CoV-2 specific immune-signature in direct contacts of COVID-19 cases protect them from contracting disease: A Retrospective Study. medRxiv doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.03. 11.21253367 (IF:)
- Jha A, Ahad A, Mishra GP, Sen K, Smita S, Minz AP, Biswas VK, Tripathy A, Senapati SB, Gupta B, Orbea HA, Raghav SK. NCoR1 and SMRT fine-tune inflammatory versus tolerogenic balance in dendritic cells by differentially regulating STAT3 signaling. bioRxiv doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.03.11.434976 (IF:)
- Raghav SK*, Ghosh A, Turuk J, Kumar S, Jha A, Madhulika S, Priyadarshini M, Biswas VK, Shyamli PS, Singh B, Singh N, Singh D, Datey A, Kiran A, Smita S, Sabat J, Bhattacharya D, Dash R, Senapati S, Beuria TK, Swain R, Chattopadhyay S, Syed GH, Dixit A, Prasad P, Odisha COVID-19 study group, ILS COVID-19 team, Pati S, Parida A*. (2020) SARS-CoV2 genome analysis of Indian isolates and molecular modelling of D614G mutated spike protein with TMPRSS2 depicted its enhanced interaction and virus infectivity. Frontiers in Microbiology (accepted on 21st October 2020, In press) (IF : 4.076)
- Das D; Das A; Sahu M; Mishra SS; Khan S; Bejugam PR; Rout PK; Das A; Bano S; Mishra GP; Raghav SK; Dixit A; Panda AC*. Identification and Characterization of Circular Intronic RNAs Derived from Insulin Gene. J. Mol. Sci. 2020, 21(12), 4302. (IF: 4.183 )
- Mohapatra, P., Shriwas, O., Mohanty, S., Ghosh, A., Smita, S., Kaushik, S. R., Dash, R. (2021). CMTM6 drives cisplatin resistance by regulating Wnt signaling through ENO-1/AKT/GSK3beta axis. JCI Insight. doi:10.1172/jci.insight.143643 (In press) (IF: 6.205 )
- Jena Soumya R., Nayak Jasmine, Sugandh Kumar, Kar Sujata, Dixit A, Samanta Luna. Paternal contributors in recurrent pregnancy loss: Cues fromcomparative proteome profiling of seminal extracellular vesicles, , Mol Reprod Dev. 2020;1–17. (IF: 2.100)
- Shriwas, O., Arya R., Mohanty S., Dixit A et al. RRBP1 rewires cisplatin resistance in oral squamous cell carcinoma by regulating Hippo pathway. Br J Cancer (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41416-021-01336-7. (IF : 791)
- Koochana P K, Mohanty A, Parida A, Behera N, Behera P M, Dixit A, Behera R K, Flavin-mediated reductive iron mobilization from frog M and Mycobacterial ferritins: impact of their size, charge, and reactivities with NADH/O2, Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry, 2021 (Accepted). (IF:3.246)
- Routray, S.; Kumar, R.; Datta, K.; Puttamallesh, V.N.; Chatterjee, A.;Gowda, H.; Mohanty, N.; Dash, R.; Dixit, A.,An integrated approach for identification of a panel of candidate genes arbitrated for invasion and metastasis in oral squamous cell carcinoma, Scientific Reports, 2021, 11:6208 doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-85729-x. (IF:3.998)
- Pruthvi R Bejugam, Das A, Panda AC. Seeing Is Believing: Visualizing Circular RNAs. Non-Coding RNA. 2020, 6, 45; https://doi.org/10.3390/ncrna6040045 (IF : 000)
- Mallick S, Kumar A, Dodia H, Alexander C, Vasudevan D, Beuria TK. Biochemical characterization of an E. coli cell division factor FtsE shows ATPase cycles similar to the NBDs of ABC-transporters. Biosci Rep. 2020 Dec 15:BSR20203034. doi: 10.1042/BSR20203034. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33320186. (IF: 2.942)
- Jagdev Manas K, Dandapat Jagneshwar, Vasudevan D. 2020. Recombinant expression, purification and SAXS analysis of Arabidopsis thaliana ClpC1. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules S0141-8130(20)35006-6. (IF: 5.162)
- Vipul Panchal, Sushil Kumar, Hossain Shaikh N., Vasudevan D. 2020. Structure analysis of thymidylate synthase from white spot syndrome virus reveals WSSV-specific structural elements. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules S0141-8130(20)34996-5. (IF: 5.162)
- Sundaram Rajivgandhi, Vasudevan D.. Structural Basis of Nucleosome Recognition and Modulation. Bio Essays. e1900234 (available online). 22 June 2020. (IF: 4.080 )
- Jagdev MK, Dandapat J, Vasudevan, D. 2020. Recombinant expression, purification and SAXS analysis of Arabidopsis thaliana ClpC1. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (accepted). (IF : 162)
- Panchal V*, Sushil Kumar*, Shaikh Nausad Hossain#, Vasudevan D. #. 2020. Structure analysis of thymidylate synthase from white spot syndrome virus reveals WSSV-specific structural elements. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (accepted). [*co-first authors; #co-corresponding authors] (IF : 162)
- Khantagale P, Thakur S and Acharya N (2020) Identification of PCNA interacting protein motifs in human DNA polymerase delta, Bioscience Reports, 40 (4). (doi.org/10.1042/BSR20200602) (IF: 2.510 )
- Acharya N, Khandagale P, Thakur S, Sahu J K and Utakalaja B G (2020) Quaternary structural diversity in Eukaryotic DNA Polymerases: Monomeric to Multimeric form. Current Genetics, (IF: 11)
- Acharya N, Patel SK, Sahu SR, Kumari P. ‘PIPs’ in DNA polymerase-PCNA interaction affairs. Biochem Soc Trans. 2020 Nov 16:BST20200678. doi: 10.1042/BST20200678. Online ahead of print. (IF : 5.160)
- Bose Swagata, Aggarwal Shifu, Singh Durg Vijai and Acharya N. Extracellular vesicles: An emerging platform in gram-positive bacteria. Microbial Cell, Vol. 7, No. 12, pp. 312 – 322; doi: 10.15698/mic2020.12.737. (IF: )
- Dong W, Oya E, Zahedi Y, Prasad P, Svensson JP, Lennartsson A, Ekwall K, Durand-Dubief M: Abo1 is required for the H3K9me2 to H3K9me3 transition in heterochromatin. Scientific reports 2020, 10(1):1-13. (IF: 4.525)
- Dong W, Prasad P, Lennartsson A and Ekwall K, The Role of Non-Catalytic Domains of Hrp3 in Nucleosome Remodeling, J. Mol. Sci. 2021, 22(4), 1793, (Shared first and corresponding authors) (IF: 4.556)
- Jain S*, Samal AG* , Das B*, Pradhan B, Sahu N, Mohapatra D , Behera PK, Satpathi PS, Mohanty AK, Satpathi S, Senapati S. Escherichia coli, a common constituent of benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH)-associated microbiota induces inflammation and DNA damage in prostate epithelial cells. (2020) Prostate. Aug 24. doi: 10.1002/pros.24063 (IF: 4.47 )
- Selim AM, Das M, Senapati SK, Jena GR, Mishra C, Nath I, Senapati S, Sethi M. Molecular detection of Theileria annulata infection in cattle by conventional PCR and quantitative real time PCR in India. J Parasit Dis. 2021 Mar; 45(1):72-77. (IF: 0.394)
- Senapati S, Dash J, Sethi M, Chakraborty S (2020) Bioengineered probiotics to control SARS-CoV-2 infection. Research Ideas and Outcomes 6: e54802. https://doi.org/10.3897/rio.6.e54802 (IF: 0.81)
- Paul P, Patel P, Verma SK, Mishra P, Sahu BR, Panda PK, Kushwaha GS, Senapati S, Misra N, Suar M. The Hha-TomB toxin-antitoxin module in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium limits its intracellular survival profile and regulates host immune response. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2021 Mar 2. doi: 10.1007/s10565-021-09587-z. (IF:6.284)
- Katoch A, Jamwal LV, Faheem MM, Kumar S, Senapati S, Yadav G, Gandhi GS, Goswami A. Overlapping targets exist between the Par-4 and miR-200c axis which regulate EMT and proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells. Transl Oncol, 2020 Oct 9;14(1):100879. (IF : 3.558)
- Kondyarpu A, Ray CS, Panda KC, Biswal NC, Ramchander PV. Association of ISL1 polymorphisms and eosinophilic levels among otitis media patients. J Clin Lab Anal. 2021;00:e23702. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcla.23702 (IF: 1.540)
- Hansdah, K., Singh, N., Bouzid, A., Priyadarshi, S., Ray, C., S., Desai, A., Panda, K., C., Choudhury, J., C., Biswal, N., C., Tekari, A., Masmoudi, S., Ramchander, P., V: Evaluation of the Genetic Association and mRNA Expression of the COL1A1, BMP2, and BMP4 Genes in the Development of Otosclerosis. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers (2020); DOI: 10.1089/gtmb.2019.0235. (IF 1.121)
- Bouzid, A., Tekari, A., Jbeli, F., Chakroun, A., Hansdah, K., Souissi, A., Singh, N., Mosrati, M., Achour, I., Ghorbel, A., Charfeddine, I., Ramchander, P.,V., Masmoudi, S: Osteoprotegerin gene polymorphisms and otosclerosis: an additional genetic association study, multilocus interaction and meta-analysis. BMC Medical Genetics 21: 122 (2020); DOI: 10.1186/s12881-020-01036-8 (IF 1.33)
- Kolapalli SP, Sahu R, Chauhan NR, Jena KK, Mehto S, Das SK, Jain A, Rout M, Dash R, Swain RK, Lee DY, Rusten TE, Chauhan S*, Chauhan S*. RNA binding RING E3-ligase DZIP3/hRUL138 is a novel driver of cell cycle and cancer progression by employing a unique mechanism to stabilize Cyclin D1. Cancer Research. 2021 Jan 15;81(2):315-331. * Corresponding author (IF: 9.727)
- Jena KK, Mehto S, Nath P, Chauhan NR, Sahu R, Dhar K, Das SK, Kolapalli SP, Murmu KC, Jain A, Krishna S, Sahoo BS, Chattopadhyay S, Rusten TE, Prasad P, Chauhan S, Chauhan S. Autoimmunity gene IRGM suppresses cGAS-STING and RIG-I-MAVS signaling to control interferon response . EMBO Rep. 2020 Jul 27:e50051. doi: 10.15252/embr.202050051. Online ahead of print.PMID: 32715615 (IF 6.990)
- Nath P, Jena KK, Mehto S, Chauhan NR, Sahu R, Dhar K, Srinivas K, Chauhan S, Chauhan S. IRGM Links Autoimmunity to Autophagy. Autophagy.2020Aug19.doi:10.1080/15548627.2020.1810920. Online ahead of print.PMID: 32813580. (IF: 4.183 )
- Kolapalli SP, Sahu R, Chauhan NR, Jena KK, Mehto S, Das SK, Jain A, Rout M, Dash R, Swain RK, Lee DY, Rusten TE, Chauhan S, Chauhan S.RNA binding RING E3-ligase DZIP3/hRUL138 stabilizes Cyclin D1 to drive cell cycle and cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2020 Oct 16:canres.1871.2020. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-20-1871. (IF : 7.070)
- Deb S, Das L and Das SK*. 2020. Composition and functional characterization of the gut microbiome of freshwater puffer fish (Tetraodon cutcutia). Archives of Microbiology. DOI: 10.1007/s00203-020-01997-7. (IF 1.835)
- Jhasketan Badhai and Subrata K. Das*. 2021. Genomic plasticity and antibody response of Bordetella bronchiseptica strain HT200, a natural variant from a thermal spring. FEMS Microbiology Letters. (In Press) (IF: 1.987)
- Samal RR, Kanchan Kumari, Sahoo Y, Mishra SK, Subudhi U. Interaction of artemisinin protects the activity of antioxidant enzyme catalase: A biophysical study. J. of Biological Macromolecules: 172; 418-428 (Accepted) will publish on 1st March, 2021. (IF: 5.162 )
- Mishra, S K : Life during the COVID-19 Pandemic the COVID-19 pandemic. Editorial Note, Published on 15th June 2020 in BMC. (IF 3.030)
- Mishra, S K : Artemisinin and its Derivatives as Repurposing Drug against COVID-19. Acta Scientific Cancer Biology. (accepted) on 22nd June 2020
- Naik SK, Eric W.-F. Lam, Parija M, Surya Prakash, Yannasittha Jiramongkol, Adhya AK, Parida DK; Mishra SK *.NEDDylation negatively regulates ERRβ expression to promote breast cancer tumorigenesis and progression. Cell Death & Disease: volume 11, (2020) 11:703; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-020-02838-7 (IF: 5.910).
- Kumari K, Kumar S, Parida DK, Mishra SK *. EZH2 knockdown in tamoxifen -resistant MCF-7 cells unravels novel targets for regaining sensitivity towards tamoxifen. Breast Cancer. (Accepted) (IF: 2.255)
- Kumari K & Mishra SK. (2020) Targeting Long Non-Coding RNAs Binding to EZH2 for Reduced Cancer or Associated Diseases. J Pharm Drug Res, 3(4): 427-432. (IF: 3.49)
- Kumari K, Mishra SK. (2020) EZH2 and cancer progression: An intricate relation that continues to grow. J Breast Cancer Res; 1(1):9-13. (IF: 5.740)
- Dash P, Piras AM, Dash M. Cell membrane coated nano carriers – An efficient biomimetic platform for targeted therapy, Journal of Controlled Release, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jconrel.2020.09.012 (IF: 7.940)
- Barik D, Dash M and et al. Polymer- protein hybrid network involving Mucin: A mineralized Biomimetic Template for Bone Tissue Engineering, Macromolecular Bioscience, (Accepted) DOI:10.1002/mabi.202000381 (IF : 3.416)
- Samal S, Das M and et al. Drug delivery to the bone microenvironment mediated by exosomes: An Axiom or Enigma, International Journal of Nanomedicine. ( Accepted) (IF : 471 )
- Behera S., Pharande R. R., Reddy R. R., Majee S. B., Mukherjee S., and Suryawanshi A. R.*. (2020). Quantitative proteomics leads to identify dog brain proteins involved in rabies virus infection: Implication in understanding viral pathophysiology. Journal of proteins and proteomics. (Accepted on 15th Oct 2020, In press). (IF: 2.371)
- Sundaram R, Manohar K, Patel SK, Acharya N, Vasudevan D. 2021. Structural analyses of PCNA from the fungal pathogen Candida albicans identify three regions with species-specific conformations. FEBS Letters. [Online ahead of print] DOI: 10.1002/1873-3468.14055 (IF: 3.057)
Original peer-reviewed research articles (2019-20)
- Benjamin JJ, Miras‐Moreno B, Araniti F, Salehi H, Bernardo L, Parida A and Lucini L (2020) Proteomics Revealed Distinct Responses to Salinity between the HalophytesSuaeda maritima(L.) Dumort and Salicornia brachiata (Roxb). Plants 9: 227; doi:10.3390/plants9020227
- Saranya J, Benjamin JJ, Krishnasamy R, George S, Swaminathan and Parida A (2019) Identification of salt-responsive genes from C4 halophyte Suaeda nudiflorathrough suppression subtractive hybridization and expression analysis under individual and combined treatment of salt and elevated carbon dioxide conditions. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants
- BenjaminJJ, Lucini L, Jothiramshekar J, Parida A (2019) Metabolomic insights into the mechanisms underlying tolerance to salinity in different halophytes. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry135: 528-545
- Rajakani R, Sellamuthu G, Saravanakumar V,Shabala L, Meinke H, Zhou M, Parida A, Shabala S and Venkataraman G (2019) Microhair on the adaxial leaf surface of salt secreting halophytic Oryza coarctata show distinct morphotypes: Isolation for molecular and functional analysis. Plant Science 285: 248-257
- Jegadeeson V, Kumari K, Pulipati S, Parida A and Venkataraman G (2019) Expression of wild rice Porteresia coarctataPcNHX1 antiporter gene (PcNHX1) in tobacco controlled by PcNHX1 promoter (PcNHX1p) confers Na+-specific hypocotyl elongation and stem-specific Na+ accumulation in transgenic tobacco. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry139: 161-170.
- Maganti S, Swaminathan R and Parida A (2019) Variation in Iron and Zinc Content in Traditional Rice Genotypes. Agric Reshttps://doi.org/10.1007/s40003-019-00429-3
- Doureradjou Peroumal, Kodavati Manohar, Shraddheya Kumar Patel, Premlata Kumari, Satya Ranjan Sahu and Narottam Acharya (2019) Virulence and pathogenicity of a Candida albicans mutant with reduced filamentation. Cellular Microbiology, 21 (12) (doi.org/10.1111/cmi.13103).
- Prashant Khantagale, Doureradjou Peroumal, Kodavati Manohar and Narottam Acharya (2019) Human DNA polymerase delta is a pentameric holoenzyme with a dimeric p12 subunit. Life Science Alliance, Vol. 2, No., 2. (doi.org/10.26508/lsa.201900323)
- Narottam Acharya, K. Manohar, D. Peroumal, P. Khantagale, S. K. Patel, S. R. Sahu and P. Kumari (2019) Multifaceted activities of DNA Polymerase eta: Beyond translesion DNA synthesis. Curr. Genetics, 65(3), 649-656. (doi.org/10.1007/s00294-018-0918-5).
- Das A, Das A, Das D, Abdelmohsen K, Panda AC (2019) Circular RNAs in myogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. doi:10.1016/j.bbagrm.2019.02.011
- Das A, Rout PK, Gorospe M, Panda AC(2019) Rolling Circle cDNA Synthesis Uncovers Circular RNA Splice Variants. Int J Mol Sci 20 (16). doi:10.3390/ijms20163988
- Pandey PR, Yang JH, Tsitsipatis D, Panda AC, Noh JH, Kim KM, Munk R, Nicholson T, Hanniford D, Argibay D, Yang X, Martindale JL, Chang MW, Jones SW, Hernando E, Sen P, De S, Abdelmohsen K, Gorospe M (2020) circSamd4 represses myogenic transcriptional activity of PUR proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. doi:10.1093/nar/gkaa03
- Kanchan Kumari, Das B, Adhya AK, Rath AK, Mishra SK* Genome-wide expression analysis reveals six contravened targets of EZH2 associated with breast cancer patient survival. Sci Rep. 2019;9(1):1974. Published 2019
- Raju, L.S., Kamath, S., Shetty, M.C., Satpathi, S., Mohanty, A.K., Ghosh, S.K., Kolluri, N., Klapperich, C.M., Cabodi, M., Padmanaban, G., Nagaraj, V.A. (2019): Genome mining based identification of Identical Multirepeat Sequences in Plasmodium falciparumgenome for highly sensitive qPCR assay and its application in malaria diagnosis. The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics 21(5), 824-838. doi: 10.1016/j.jmoldx.2019.04.004.
- Nandagopalan SR, Agatheeswaran S, Vadlamudi Y, Biswas S, Biswas G, Pattnayak NC, Chakraborty S. PTBP2 exon 10 inclusion is associated with the progression of CML and it is BCR-ABL1 dependent. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2019 Apr;109:69-75.
- Subha Saha†, Krushna Chandra Murmu†, Mayukh Biswas, Sohini Chakraborty, Jhinuk Basu, Swati Madhulika, Srinivasa Prasad Kolapalli, Santosh Chauhan, Amitava Sengupta and Punit Prasad* (2019) Transcriptomic Analysis Identifies RNA Binding Proteins as Putative Regulators of Myelopoiesis and Leukemia. Frontiers in Oncology,August 2019, Volume 9, Article 692
- Omprakash Shriwas, Manashi Priyadarshini, Sabindra K. Samal, Rachna Rath, Sanjay Panda, Saroj Kumar Das Majumdar, Dillip Kumar Muduly, Mahendran Botlagunta*, Rupesh Dash*. DDX3 modulates cisplatin resistance in OSCC through ALKBH5-mediated m⁶A-demethylation of FOXM1 and NANOG. Apoptosis, jan 2020 (accepted DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10495-020-01591-8)
- Khirod Chandra Panda, Lipsa Bhuyan & PV Ramchander (2020) Association of sudden sensorineural hearing loss with chronic periodontitis: a hospital-based study in India. Hearing, Balance and Communication, DOI: 10.1080/21695717.2020.1719786 (Published online on 10 Feb 2020)
- Das, B, Senapati, S. Functional and mechanistic study reveals MAGEA3 as a pro-survival factor in pancreatic cancer cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2019 Jul 8;38(1):294.
- Suresh V, Sundaram R, Dash P, Sabat SC, Mohapatra D, Mohanty S, Vasudevan D, Senapati S. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor of Syrian golden hamster shares structural and functional similarity with human counterpart and promotes pancreatic cancer. Sci Rep. 2019 Oct 29;9(1):15507
- Guha, D., Banerjee, A,. Mukherjee, R., Pradhan, B., Peneva, M., Aleksandrov, G., Suklabaidya, S., Senapati, S., Aich, P.: A Probiotic formulation containing Lactobacillus bulgaricus DWT1 inhibits tumor growth by activating pro-inflammatory responses in macrophages. Journal of Functional Foods. Volume 56, May 2019, Pages 232-245
- Sharma GP, Gurung SK, Inam A, Nigam L, Bist A, Mohapatra D, Senapati S, Subbarao N, Azam A, Mondal N. CID-6033590 inhibits p38MAPK pathway and induces S-phase cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in DU145 and PC-3 cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2019 Oct; 60:420-436. doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2019.06.003. Epub 2019 Jun 5.
- Saifi Izhar, Tarun Gupta, Aliva P.Minz, Senapati S., Arnico K.Panday. Influence of regional and long range transport air masses on fog water composition, contribution and toxicological response at Indo Gangetic Plain. Atmospheric Environment. Volume 214, 1 October 2019, 116888
- Ashish Kumar, Dileep Vasudevan. 2020. Structure-function relationship of H2A-H2B specific plant histone chaperones. Cell Stress and Chaperones 25 (1): 1-17.
- Ajit K. Singh, Aritreyee Datta, Jobichen Chacko, Sheng Luan, Dileep Vasudevan. 2019. AtFKBP53: a chimeric histone chaperone with functional nucleoplasmin and PPIase domains. Nucleic Acids Research pii: gkz1153 (Epub ahead of print).
- Supriya Borah, Dileep Vasudevan, Rajeeb K. Swain. 2019. C-type lectin family XIV members and angiogenesis. Oncology Letters 18 (4): 3954-3962.
- Ashish Kumar, Ajit K. Singh, Ruchir C. Bobde, Dileep Vasudevan. 2019. Structural characterization of Arabidopsis thaliana NAP1-Related Protein 2 (AtNRP2) and comparison with its homolog AtNRP1. Molecules 24 (12). pii: E2258.
- Santhosh Gatreddi, Vijaykumar Pillalamarri, Dileep Vasudevan, Anthony Addlagatta, Insaf A. Qureshi. 2019. Unraveling structural insights of ribokinase from Leishmania donovani. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 136: 253-265.
- Mohanty S, Barik P, Debata N, Nagarajan P and Devadas S : iCa2+ Flux, ROS and IL-10 Determines Cytotoxic, and Suppressor T Cell Functions in Chronic Human Viral Infections, (2020) Front. Immunol. 11:83. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2020.00083
- Lipika Das, Sushanta Deb and Subrata K. Das*. 2020. Glutamicibacter mishrai nov., isolated from the coral Favia veroni from Andaman Sea. Archives of Microbiology. doi 10.1007/s00203-019-01783-0.
- Sushanta Deb and Subrata K. Das*. 2020. Draft Genome Sequence of Microbacterium oryzae strain MB-10 isolated from a rice field, India. Microbiology Resource Announcements. 9(6):e01532-19. https://doi.org/10.1128/MRA.01532-19.
- Sushanta Deb and Subrata K. Das*. 2020. Draft Genome sequence of Idiomarina strain W5T, isolated from the Andaman Sea. Microbiology Resource Announcements. 9(5): e01510-19. https://doi.org/10.1128/MRA.01510-19.
- Sushanta Deb, Jhasketan Badhai and Subrata K. Das*. 2020. Draft genome sequence of two Vibrio fortis strains isolated from coral Fungia from Andaman Sea. Microbiology Resource Announcements. 9(1): e01225-19. https://doi.org/10.1128/MRA.01225-19.
- Sushanta Deb, Jhasketan Badhai and Subrata K. Das*. 2020. Draft genome sequence of Vibrio alginolyticus strain S6-61 and Vibrio diabolicus strain S7-71 isolated from corals from Andaman Sea. Microbiology Resource Announcements. DOI:10.1128/MRA.01465-19
- Kakar-Bhanot R, Brahmbhatt K, Kumar V, Suryawanshi AR, Srivastava S, Chaudhari U, Sachdeva G. Plasma membrane proteome of adhesion-competent endometrial epithelial cells and its modulation by Rab11a. Mol Reprod Dev. 2019 Nov 18. doi: 10.1002/mrd.23292. PubMed PMID: 31737970 (Impact factor: 3.113)
- Roy Chattopadhyay N, Chakrabarti S, Chatterjee K, Deb Roy S, Kumar Sahu S, Reddy RR, Das P, Bijay Kanrar B, Kumar Das A, Tsering S, Puii Z, Zomawia E, Singh YI, Suryawanshi A, Choudhuri T. Histocompatibility locus antigens regions contribute to the ethnicity bias of Epstein-Barr virus-associated nasopharyngeal carcinoma in higher-incidence populations. Scand J Immunol. 2019 Oct;90(4):e12796. doi: 10.1111/sji.12796. PubMed PMID: 31145476 (Impact factor: 2.563).
- Singh A, Hossain S, Prakash V, Mamidi P, Chattopadhyay S. Pyrene Appended Bipyridine Hydrazone Ligand as a Turn-ON Sensor for Cu2+ and Its Bioimaging Application. RSC Advances.10(7):3646-3658 · January 2020
- Dey D, Siddiqui SI, Mamidi P, Ghosh S, Kumar CS, Chattopadhyay S, Ghosh S, Banerjee M. The effect of amantadine on an ion channel protein from Chikungunya virus. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2019 Jul 24;13(7):e0007548. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0007548. eCollection 2019 Jul. PubMed PMID: 31339886.
- Nayak TK, Mamidi P, Sahoo SS, Kumar PS, Mahish C, Chatterjee S, Subudhi BB, Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S. P38 and JNK Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinases Interact with Chikungunya Virus Non-Structural Protein-2 and Regulate TNF Induction during Viral Infection in Macrophages. Frontiers in Immunology. 2019. April. org/10.3389/fimmu.2019.00786. (I.F 5.511)
- Mishra, Mitali; Agarwal, Shivangi; Dixit, Anshuman; Mishra, Vikash Kumar; Kashaw, Varsha; Kashaw, Sushil Kashaw; Integrated computational investigation to develop molecular design of quinazoline scaffold as promising inhibitors of plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase, Journal of Molecular Structure, 127808, 2020
- Koochana, Prashanth Kumar; Mohanty, Abhinav; Subhadarshanee, Biswamaitree; Satpati, Suresh; Naskar, Rajat; Dixit, Anshuman; Behera, Rabindra K; , Phenothiazines and phenoxazines: as electron transfer mediators for ferritin iron release, Dalton Transactions, 48, 3314-3326, 2019
- Dash, Umesh Chandra; Kanhar, Satish; Dixit, Anshuman; Dandapat, Jagnehswar; Sahoo, Atish Kumar, Isolation, identification, and quantification of Pentylcurcumene from Geophila repens: A new class of cholinesterase inhibitor for Alzheimer’s disease, Bioorganic Chemistry, 88, 102947, 2019
- Gupta, Dipinte; Satpati, Suresh; Dixit, Anshuman; Ranjan, Rajiv, Fabrication of biobeads expressing heavy metal-binding protein for removal of heavy metal from wastewater, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 1-10, 2019
- Swain, Nirlipta; Samanta, Luna; Agarwal, Ashok; Kumar, Sugandh; Dixit, Anshuman; Gopalan, Banu; Durairajanayagam, Damayanthi; Sharma, Rakesh; Puspharaj, Peter Natesan; Baskaran, Saradha; Aberrant upregulation of compensatory redox molecular machines may contribute to sperm dysfunction in infertile men with unilateral varicocele: A proteomic insight, Antioxidants and Redox Signaling, 2019
- Kundu P, Singh D, Singh A and Sahoo SK. Cancer Nanotheranostics: A Nanomedicinal Approach for Cancer Therapy and Diagnosis. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2020 (press)
- Singh S, Jain S and Sahoo SK. Magnetic nanoparticles for amalgamation of magnetic hyperthermia and chemotherapy: An approach towards enhanced attenuation of tumor. Materials Science & Engineering C , 2020, 110, 110695
- Singh D, Dilnawaz F and Sahoo SK. Challenges of moving theranostic nanomedicine into the clinic. Nanomedicine (Lond).2020 Jan;15(2):111-114.
- Ahad A, Stevanin M, Smita S, Mishra GP, Gupta D, Waszak S, Sarkar UA, Basak S, Gupta B, Acha-Orbea H, Raghav SK*. (2019) NCoR1: putting the brakes on the dendritic cell immune tolerance. iScience. 2019; 996-1011
- GP Mishra, A Ghosh, A Jha, SK Raghav BedSect: An Integrated Web Server Application to Perform Intersection, Visualization, and Functional Annotation of Genomic Regions From Multiple Datasets. Frontiers in Genetics 11, 3 (2020).
- Chen W, Schwalie PC, Pankevich EV, Raghav SK et al. ZFP30 promotes adipogenesis through the KAP1-mediated activation of a retrotransposon-derived Pparg2 enhancer. Nat Commun. 2019;10(1):1809.
- Khan, A., Shrestha, A., Shaju, M., Panigrahi, K. C., & Dey, N. (2019). Identification of miRNA Targets by AtFT Overexpression in Tobacco. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, 1-14.
- Mukherjee, A., Mazumder, M., Jana, J., Srivastava, A.K., Mondal, B., De, A., Ghosh, S., Saha, U., Bose, R., Chatterjee, S., Dey, N., Basu, D. (2019). Enhancement of ABA Sensitivity Through Conditional Expression of the ARF10 Gene in Brassica juncea Reveals Fertile Plants with Tolerance Against Alternaria brassicicola. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions, 32(10):1429-1447.
- Deb, D., & Dey, N. (2019). Synthetic Salicylic acid inducible recombinant promoter for translational research. Journal of biotechnology, 297, 9-18.
- Deb D, Shrestha A, Sethi L, Das NC, Rai V, Das AB, Maiti IB, Dey N (2019) Transgenic tobacco expressing Medicago sativa Defensin (Msdef1) confers resistance to various phyto-pathogens. The Nucleus, (in press)
- Mehto S, Chauhan S, Jena KK, Chauhan NR, Nath P, Sahu R, Dhar K, Das SK, Chauhan S. IRGM restrains NLRP3 inflammasome activation by mediating its SQSTM1/p62-dependent selective autophagy. Autophagy.2019 Sep;15(9):1645-1647
- Jena KK, Mehto S, Kolapalli SP, Nath P, Sahu R, Chauhan NR, Sahoo PK, Dhar K, Das SK, Chauhan S, Chauhan S. TRIM16 governs the biogenesis and disposal of stress-induced protein aggregates to evade cytotoxicity: implication for neurodegeneration and cancer. Autophagy. 2019 May;15(5):924-926.
- Saha S, Murmu KC, Biswas M, Chakraborty S, Basu J, Madhulika S, Kolapalli SP, Chauhan S, Sengupta A, Prasad P. Transcriptomic Analysis Identifies RNA Binding Proteins as Putative Regulators of Myelopoiesis and Leukemia. Front Oncol. 2019 Aug 6;9:692
- Aggarwal, S., Jena, S., Panda, S., Sharma, S., Dhawan, B., Nath, G., Singh, N.P., Nayak, K.C., Singh, D.V.: Antibiotic susceptibility, virulence pattern, and typing of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from a variety of infections in India. Frontiers in Microbiology (2019); 10: 2763. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2019.02763. (IF – 4.259)
- Mishra, M., Barik, S., Panda, S., Sarkar, A., Singh, D.V., Mohapatra, H.: Antibiotic resistance profile, outer membrane proteins, virulence factors, and genome sequence analysis reveal clinical isolates of Enterobacter are potential pathogens compared to environmental isolates. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology (2020); 10: 54. doi: 10.3389/fcimb.2020.00054. (IF – 4.300)
Original peer-reviewed research articles (2018-19)
- Mehto S., Jena KK., Nath P., Chauhan S., Kolapalli SP., Das SK., Sahoo PK., Jain A., Taylor GA., Chauhan S. The Crohn’s disease risk factor IRGM limits NLRP3 inflammasome activation by impeding its assembly and by mediating its selective autophagy. Molecular Cell (2019), 7; 73(3):429-445.e7. (IF:14.248)
- Jena KK., Kolapalli SP., Mehto S., Nath P., Das B., Sahoo PK., Ahad A., Syed GH., Raghav SK., Senapati S., Chauhan S., Chauhan S. TRIM16 controls assembly and degradation of protein aggregates by modulating the p62-NRF2 axis and autophagy. EMBO Journal (2018), 14; 37(18). (IF:9.792)
- Jain, S., Dash P., Minz, A., Satpathi, S., Samal, A., , Behera, P., K., Satpathi P., S., Senapati S. Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) enhances prostate cancer metastasis potentially through NF-κB activation and recurrent dexamethasone administration fails to suppress it in vivo. Prostate (2019), 79(2):168-182. (IF:3.347)
- Mukherjee S., Patra D., Dash K T., Chakraborty I., Bhattacharyya R., Senapati S., Shunmugam R. Design and synthesis of a dual imageable theranostic platinum prodrug for efficient cancer therapy. Polymer Chemistry (2019); DOI: 10.1039/C8PY01535J. (IF:5.375)
- Pradhan B., Guha D., Naik, A K., Banerjee A., Tambat S., Chawla S., Senapati S., Aich P. Probiotics L. acidophilus and B. clausii Modulate Gut Microbiota in Th1- and Th2-Biased Mice to Ameliorate Salmonella Typhimurium-Induced Diarrhea. Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins (2018); DOI: 10.1007/s12602-018-9436-5. (IF:2.345)
- Katoch A., Suklabaidya S., Chakraborty S., Nayak D., Rasool R U., Sharma D., Mukherjee D., Faheem M M., Kumar A., Sharma P R., Senapati S., Kumar L D., Goswami A. Dual Role of Par-4 in abrogation of EMT and switching on Mesenchymal to Epithelial Transition (MET) in metastatic pancreatic cancer cells. Molecular Carcinogenesis (2018), 57(9):1102-1115. (IF:3.859)
- Benjamin J J., Luigi Lucini., Saranya J., Parida A. Metabolomic insights into the mechanisms underlying tolerance to salinity in different halophytes. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry (2018), 135:528-545. (IF:2.718)
- Benjamin J J., Krishnasamy R., Jothiramshekar S., Hanesan G., Parida A. Identification of salt-induced transcripts by suppression subtractive hybridization and their expression analysis under the combination of salt and elevated CO2 conditions in Salicornia brachiata. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum (2018) 40: 202. (IF:1.438)
- Saranya J., Benjamin J J., Krishnasamy R., Pal A K., George S., Swaminathan R., Parida A. Responses of selected C3 and C4 halophytes to elevated CO2 concentration under salinity. Current Science (2018), 115: 129-135. (IF:0.883)
- Jegadeeson V., Kumari K., Pulipati S., Parida A., Venkataraman G. Expression of wild rice Porteresia coarctata PcNHX1 antiporter gene (PcNHX1) in tobacco controlled by PcNHX1 promoter (PcNHX1p) confers Na+-specific hypocotyl elongation and stem-specific Na+ accumulation in transgenic tobacco. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry (2019), 139:161-170. (IF:2.718)
- Khantagale P., Peroumal D., Manohar K., Acharya N. Human DNA polymerase delta is a pentameric holoenzyme with a dimeric p12 subunit. Life Science Alliance (2019); DOI:10.26508/lsa.201900323. (IF: NA)
- Jingde N., Ray R., Sinha S., Rana K., Singh S K., Khandagale P., Acharya N., Rai V. Cysteine mediated disulfide bond formation in RAGE V domain facilitates its functionally relevant dimerization. Biochimie (2018), 154, 55-61. (IF:3.188)
- Manohar K., Peroumal D., Acharya N. TLS dependent and independent functions of DNA polymerase eta (Polh/ Rad30) from Pathogenic Yeast Candida albicans. Molecular Microbiology (2018), 110 (5), 707-727. (IF:3.816)
- Mukherjee S., Sengupta N., Chaudhuri A., Akbar I., Singh N., Chakraborty S., Suryawanshi A R., Bhattacharyya A., Basu A. PLVAP and GKN3 Are Two Critical Host Cell Receptors Which Facilitate Japanese Encephalitis Virus Entry Into Neurons. Scientific Reports (2018); 8:11784. (IF:4.122)
- Koochana P K., Mohanty A., Subhadarshanee B., Satpati S., Naskar R., Dixit A., Behera R K. Phenthiazines and Phenoxazines: As Electron Transfer Mediators for Ferritin Iron Release. Dalton Transactions (2019), 48:3314-3326. (IF:4.099)
- Punganuru S R., Madala H R., Mikelis C M., Dixit A., Arutla V., Srivenugopal K S. Conception, synthesis, and characterization of a rofecoxib-combretastatin hybrid drug with potent cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibiting and microtubule disrupting activities in colon cancer cell culture and xenograft models. Oncotarget (2018), 9:26109-26129. (IF:5.168)
- Koochana P K., Mohanty A., Das S., Subhadarshanee B., Satpati S., Dixit A., Sabat S C., Behera R K. Releasing iron from ferritin protein nanocage by reductive method: The role of electron transfer mediator BBA. General Subjects (2018), 1862:1190. (IF:3.679)
- Raju L S., Kamath S., Shetty M C., Satpathi S., Mohanty A K., Ghosh S K., Kolluri, N., Klapperich C M., Cabodi M., Padmanaban G., Nagaraj V A. A genome mining based identification of Identical Multi-Repeat Sequences (IMRS) in Plasmodium falciparum genome for highly sensitive qpcr assay and its application in malaria diagnosis. The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics (2019); In press. (IF:4.980)
- Angermeyer A., Das M M., Singh D V., Seed K D. Seed Analysis of 19 Highly conserved Vibrio cholerae bacteriophages isolated from environmental and patient sources over a twelve-year period. Viruses (2018), 10(7): 299. (IF:3.761)
- Panda S., Singh D.V. Biofilm formation by ica-negative ocular isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Frontiers in Microbiology (2018), 9: 2687. (IF:4.019)
- Dash P., Sundaram R., Suresh V., Sabat S C., Mohapatra D., Mohanty S., Vasudevan D., Senapati S. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) of Syrian golden hamster (Mesocricetus auratus) has similar structure and function as human MIF and promotes pancreatic tumor growth in vivo. bioRxiv (2018); 449629. (IF:NA)
- Pradhan J., Mohanty C., Sahoo S K. Protective efficacy of crocetin and its nanoformulation against cyclosporine A-mediated toxicity in human embryonic kidney cells. Life Sciences (2019), 216, 39-48. (IF:2.706)
- Chintala R., Dilnawaz F., Panigrahi M., Sahoo S K., Babu P. Paclitaxel loaded magnetic nanoparticles induce in vivo tumor growth inhibition in a rat glioblastoma model. IJPCR (2018), 10 (7), 176-182. (IF:NA)
- Jogdand G M., Sengupta S., Bhattacharya G., Singh S K., Barik P K., Devadas S. Inducible Costimulator Expressing T Cells Promote Parasitic Growth During Blood Stage Plasmodium berghei ANKA Infection. Frontiers in Immunology (2018), 28; 9: 1041. (IF:5.511)
- Nandagopalan S R., Agatheeswaran S., Vadlamudi Y., Biswas S., Biswas G., Pattnayak N C., Chakraborty S. PTBP2 exon 10 inclusion is associated with the progression of CML and it is BCR-ABL1 dependent. International Journal of Biochemistry Cell Biology (2019), 109: 69-75. (IF:4.240)
- Awasthy J P., Chandra T., Mishra S., Parmar S., Shaw B P. Identification and characterization of drought responsive miRNAs in a drought tolerant upland rice cultivar KMJ 1-12-3. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry (2019), 137: 62-74. (IF:2.718)
- Sekhar S., Panda D., Kumar J., Mohanty N., Biswal M., Baig M J., Kumar A., Ngangkhan U., Samantaray S., Pradhan S., Shaw B P., Swain P., Behera L.: Comparative transcriptome profiling of low light tolerant and sensitive rice varieties induced by low light stress at active tillering stage. Scientific Report (2019), In Press (IF:4.122)
- Tardajos M G., Cama G., Dash M., Misseeuw L., Gheysens T., Gorzelanny C., Coenye T., Dubruel P. Chitosan functionalized poly-ε-caprolactone electrospun fibers and 3D printed scaffolds as antibacterial materials for tissue engineering applications. Carbohydrate Polymers (2018), 191, 127-135. (IF:4.219)
- Christiaens O M., Tardajos G., Martinez Z., Dash M., Dubruel P., Smagghe G. Increased RNAi efficacy in Spodoptera exigua via the formulation of dsRNA with guanylated polymers, Fronteirs in Physiology (2018), DOI: 10.3389/fphys.2018.00316. (IF:3.394)
- Deb D., Dey N. Synthetic Salicylic Acid Inducible Recombinant Promoter for Translational Research. Journal of Biotechnology (2019), 297, 9-18. (IF:2.667)
- Shrestha A., Khan A., Dey N. CRISPR-Cas9-Mediated Editing of the CYP82E4-Nicotine N-Demethylase (nnd) Gene in Tobacco Protoplasts. Journal of Plant Biochemistry & Physiology (2019), 7:230. (IF:NA)
- Manohar S., Ramchander P V., Salvi R., Seigel G M. Synaptic reorganization response in the cochlear nucleus following intense noise exposure. Neuroscience (2019), 399: 184–198. (IF:3.382)
- Maji S., Shriwas O P., Samal S K., Priyadarshini M., Rath R., Panda S., Das Majumdar S K., Muduly D K., Dash R. STAT3- and GSK3beta-mediated Mcl-1 regulation modulates TPF resistance in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis (2019): 40: 173-83. (IF:5.334)
- Hinsu A T., Pandit R J., Patela S H., Psifidic A., Tomley F M., Subrata K Das., Damer P., Blake C G., Joshi. Genome reconstruction of a novel carbohydrate digesting bacterium from the chicken caecal microflora. Meta Gene (2019), 20: 100543. (IF:NA)
- Saswat T., Sahoo N., Muduli S., Debata N K., Chattopadhyay S., Chattopadhyay S. Epidemiological trends and molecular dynamics of dengue, chikungunya virus infection, coinfection, and other undifferentiated fever during 2015-2016 in Odisha, India. Journal of Medical Virology (2018). DOI: 10.1002/jmv.25307. (IF:2.373)
- Patro A R K., Mohanty S., Prusty B K., Singh D K., Gaikwad S., Saswat T., Chattopadhyay S., Das B K., Tripathy R., Ravindran B. Cytokine Signature Associated with Disease Severity in Dengue. Viruses (2019), 11(1); pii: E34. (IF:3.761)
- Nayak T K., Mamidi P., Sahoo S S., Kumar S P., Mahish C., Chatterjee S., Subudhi B B., Chattopadhyay S., Chattopadhyay S. P38 and JNK Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinases Interact with Chikungunya Virus Non-Structural Protein-2 and Regulate TNF Induction during Viral Infection in Macrophages. Frontiers in Immunology (2019) (accepted). (IF: 5.511)
- Smita S., Ahad A., Ghosh A., Biswas V K., Koga M M., Gupta B., Acha-Orbea H., Raghav S K. Importance of EMT Factor ZEB1 in cDC1 “MutuDC Line” Mediated Induction of Th1 Immune Response. Frontiers in Immunology (2018); 9: 2604. (IF: 5.511)
- Khanna S., Padhan P., Das S., Jaiswal K S., Tripathy A., Smita S., Tripathy S K., Raghav S K., Gupta B. A simple colorimetric method for naked eye detection of circulating cell free DNA using unlabelled gold nanoparticles. Chemistry Select (2018); 41: 11541-11551. (IF:1.505)
- Mishra G P., Ghosh A., Jha A., Raghav S K. BedSect: An integrated web server application to perform intersection, visualization and functional annotation of genomic regions from multiple datasets. BioRxiv, (2018), DOI: 10.1101/481333. (IF:NA)
- Barrodia P., Patra C., Swain R K. EF-hand domain containing 2 (Efhc2) is crucial for distal segmentation of pronephros in zebrafish. Cell & Bioscience (2018), 8: 53. (IF:3.219)
Original peer-reviewed research articles (2017-18)
- Mohapatra, C., Jagdev, M., K., Vasudevan, D.: Arabidopsis ClpD N-terminal domain is highly divergent from ClpC1. Acta Crystallographica (2017), DOI: 10.1107/S2053273317093275
- Vasudevan, D., Jagdev, M., K., Mohapatra, C.: Structural basis of mycobacterial inhibition by natural products targeting ClpC1. Acta Crystallographica (2017), DOI: 10.1107/S2053273317093457.
- Subhadarshanee, B., Mohanty, A., Jagdev, M., K., Vasudevan, D., Behera, R., K.: Surface charge dependent separation of modified and hybrid ferritin in native PAGE: impact of lysine 104. BBA- Proteins and Proteomics (2017); 1865 (10):1267-1273.
- Kumari, K., Das, B., Adhya, A., Chaudhary, S., Senapati, S., Mishra, S., K.: Nicotine associated breast cancer in smokers is mediated through high level of EZH2 expression which can be reversed by methyltransferase inhibitor DZNepA. Cell Death Disease (2018), DOI: 10.1038/s41419-017-0224-z.
- Mahapatra, P., Jain, S., Shrestha, S., Senapati, S., Puppala, S.: Ambient endotoxin in PM10 and association with inflammatory activity, air pollutants, and meteorology in Chitwan, Nepal. Science Total Environment (2018); 15; 618: 1331-1342.
- Dende, C., Meena, J., Nagarajan, P., Nagaraj, V., A., Panda, A., K., Padmanaban, G.: Nanocurcumin is superior to native curcumin in preventing degenerative changes in experimental cerebral malaria. Scientific Reports (2017); DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-10672-9.
- Arya, G., Das, M., Sahoo, S., K.: Evaluation of curcumin loaded chitosan/PEG blended PLGA nanoparticles for effective treatment of pancreatic cancer. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy (2018); 102: 555-566.
- Dilnawaz, F., Sahoo, S.: Augmented anticancer efficacy by si-RNA complexed drug-loaded mesoporous silica nanoparticles in lung cancer therapy. ACS Applied Nanomaterials (2018); 1(2), 730-740.
- Syed, G., H., Khan, M., Yang, S., Siddiqui, A.: Hepatitis C virus lipoviroparticles assemble in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and bud off from the ER to the Golgi Compartment in COPII vesicles. Journal of virology (2017); DOI: 10.1128/JVI.00499-17.
- Tagirasa, R., Parmar, S., Barik, M., R., Devadas, S., Basu, S.: Autoreactive T Cells in Immunopathogenesis of TC-Associated Uveitis. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science (2017); 58(13):5682-5691.
- Tripathy, A., Khanna, S., Padhan, P., Smita, S., Raghav, S., Gupta, B.: Direct recognition of LPS drive TLR4 expressing CD8+ T cell activation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Scientific Reports (2017); 7: 933. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-01033-7.
- Sengupta, S., Naz, S., Das, I., Ahad, A., Padhi, A., Naik, S., K., Ganguli, G., Pattanaik, K., P., Raghav, S., Nandicoori, V., K., Sonawane, A.: Mycobacterium tuberculosis EsxL inhibits MHC-II expression by promoting hyper methylation in class-II Trans activator loci in macrophages. Journal of Biological Chemistry (2017); 292: 6855-6868.
- Jonathan Aryeh Sobel., Irina Krier., Teemu Andersin., Raghav, S., et.al: Transcriptional regulatory logic of the diurnal cycle in the mouse liver. PLoS Biology (2017); DOI:10.1371/journal.pbio.2001069.
- Rachana Pradhan., Johannes Bues., Vincent Gardeux., Petra, C., Schwalie., Daniel Alpern., Wanze Chen., Julie Russeil., Raghav, S., Bart Deplancke.: Dissecting the brown adipogenic regulatory network using integrative genomics. Scientific Reports (2017); 7:42130. DOI: 10.1038/srep42130.
- Kumar, R., Samal, S., K., Routray, S., Dash, R., Dixit, A.: Identification of oral cancer related candidate genes by integrating protein-protein interactions, gene ontology, pathway analysis and immunohistochemistry. Scientific Reports (2017); 7(1):2472. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-23236-2.
- Routray, S., Kheur, S., Chougule, H., M., Mohanty, N., Dash, R.: Establishing Fascin over-expression as a strategic regulator of neoplastic aggression and lymph node metastasis in oral squamous cell carcinoma tumor microenvironment. Annals of Diagnostic Pathology (2017); 30:36-41.
- Kumar, S., Kumar, A., Mamidi, P., Tiwari, A., Kumar, S., Mayavannan, A., Mudulli, S., Singh, A., K., Subudhi, B., B., Chattopadhyay, S.: Chikungunya virus nsP1 interacts directly with nsP2 and modulates its ATPase activity. Scientific Reports (2018); 8(1):1045. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-19295-0.
- Deb, D., Shrestha, A., Maiti, I., B., Dey, N.: Recombinant promoter (MUASCsV8CP) driven Totiviral Killer Protein 4 (KP4) imparts resistance against fungal pathogens in transgenic tobacco. Frontiers in Plant Science (2018); DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2018.00278.
- Khan, A., Shrestha, A., Bhuyan, K., Maiti, I., B., Dey, N.: Structural characterization of a novel full-length transcript promoter from Horseradish Latent Virus (HRLV) and its transcriptional regulation by multiple stress responsive transcription factors. Plant molecular biology (2018); 96 (1-2); DOI: 10.1007/s11103-017-0693-6.
- Sarkar, S., Das, A., Khandagale, P., Maiti, I., B., Chattopadhyay, S., Dey N.: Interaction of Arabidopsis TGA3 and WRKY53 transcription factors on Cestrum yellow leaf curling virus (CmYLCV) promoter mediates salicylic acid-dependent gene expression in planta. Planta (2018); DOI: 10.1007/s00425-017-2769-6.
- Basak, S., Kesari, V., Ramesh, A., M., Rangan, L., Parida Ajay., Mitra, S.: Assessment of genetic variation among nineteen turmeric cultivars of Northeast India: nuclear DNA content and molecular marker approach. Acta Physiol Plant (2017); 39:45-55.
- Rajalakshmi, R., Rajalakshmi, S., Parida Ajay.: Evaluation of genetic diversity and population structure in drumstick (M. oleifere) using SSR markers. Current Science (2017); 112:1250-1256.
- George, S., Manoharan, D., Li, J., Britton, M., Parida Ajay.: Drought and salt stress in Macrotyloma uniflorum leads to common and specific transcriptomic responses and reveals importance of raffinose family oligosaccharides in stress tolerance. Gene Reports (2017); DOI:10.1016/j.genrep.2017.10.006.
- George, S., Manoharan, D., Li, J., Britton, M., Parida Ajay.: Transcriptomic responses to drought and salt stress in desert tree Prosopis juliflora. Plant Gene (2017); DOI: 10.1016/ j.plgene. 2017. 09.004.
- Krishnamurthi, S., S., George, S., Meenakshisundram, S., Parida Ajay.: Proteomic analysis of long term salt responsive proteins in the halophyte Suaeda maritima. Plant Omics (2017); 10: 197-204.
- Roobrouck, V., D., Wolfs, E., Delforge, M., Broekaert, D., Chakraborty S, et.al: Multipotent Adult Progenitor Cells improve the hematopoietic function in myelodysplasia. Cytotherapy (2017); 19(6):744-755.
- Halder, A., Nayak, K., B., Chakraborty, S.: EVI1 transcriptionally targets Talin1 (TLN1) and upregulates its expression in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma (2017); 7:1-3.
- Nayak, K., B., Sajitha, I., S., Santhosh Kumar, T., R., Chakraborty, S.: Ecotropic viral integration site 1 promotes metastasis independent of epithelial mesenchymal transition in colon cancer cells. Cell Death Disease (2018); 9:18.
- Taviti, A., C., Beuria, T., K.: MinD directly interacts with FtsZ at H10 helix suggests a model for robust activation of MinC to destabilize FtsZ polymers. Biochemical Journal (2017); 474(18):3189-3205.
- Patra, N., Taviti, A., C., Sahoo, A., Pal, A., Beuria, T., K.: A Behera, S Patra. Green synthesis of multi-metallic nanocubes. RSC Advances (2017); 7 (56), 35111-35118.
- Kumari, P., Badhai, J., Das, S., K.: Draft genome sequence of Marinomonas fungiae strain AN44T (JCM 18476T) isolated from the coral Fungia echinata from Andaman Sea. Genome Announcements (2018); DOI: 10.1128/genomeA.00112-18.
- Zachariah, S., Das, S., K.: Idiomarina andamanensis sp. nov., an alkali tolerant bacterium isolated from Andaman Sea water. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek (2017); 110: 1581–1592.
- Kanchan, K., Biswajit, D., Adhya, A., Sanjib, C., Senapati, S., Sandip, K., M.: Nicotine associated breast cancer in smokers is mediated through high level of EZH2 expression which can be reversed by methyltransferase inhibitor DZNepA. Cell Death & Disease (2018); DOI: 10.1038/s41419-017-0224-z.
- Kanchan, K., Sunita, K., Debomita, S., Sabat, S., C., Sandip, K., M.: Transcriptome analysis of genes associated with breast cancer cell motility in response to artemisinin treatment. BMC Cancer (2017); DOI: 10.1186/s12885-017-3863-7.
- Aditya, P., Ratnadeep, M., Das, B., Tripathy, R., Satyapathy, A., Sharma, S., Ravindran, B.: A primate-specific loss of function polymorphism in TLR2 gene decreases inflammation and protects humans from organ dysfunction in Malaria, bioRxiv (2018); DOI: 10.1101/239129.
- Koochana, P., K., Mohanty, A., Das, S., Subhadarshanee, B., Satpati, S., Dixit, A., Sabat, S., C., Behera, R., K. Releasing iron from ferritin protein nanocage by reductive method: The role of electron transfer mediator. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (2018); 1862; 1190-1198.
- Singh, A., Raghuwanshi, K., Patel, V., K., Jain, D., K., Veerasamy, R., Dixit, A., Harish R.: Assessment of 5-substituted isatin as surface recognition group: design, synthesis, and anti proliferative evaluation of hydroxamates as novel histone deacetylase inhibitors. Pharmaceutical Chemistry (2017); 51; 366-374.
- Behera, D., K., Behera, P., M., Acharya, L., Dixit, A.: Pharmacophore modelling, virtual screening and molecular docking studies on PLD1 inhibitors, SAR and QSAR in Environmental Research (2017); 28; 991-1009.
- Jena, S., Panda, S., Nayak, K., Singh, D., V.: Identification of major sequence types among multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis strains isolated from infected eyes and healthy conjunctiva. Frontiers in Microbiology (2017); DOI: 10.3389/ fmicb/ 2017.01430.
- Das, K., Panda, B., B., Shaw, B., P., Das, S., R., Dash, S., K., Kariali, E., Mohapatra, P., K.: Grain density and its impact on grain filling characteristic of rice: mechanistic testing of the concept of genetically related cultivars. Scientific Reports (2018); 8; 4149, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-22256-2.
- Panda, B., B., Sekahr, S., Dash, S., K., Behera, B., Shaw, B., P.: Biochemical and molecular characterization of expgenous cytokinin application on grain filling in rice. BMC Plant Biology (2018); DOI: 10.1186/s12870-018-1279-4.
Original peer-reviewed research articles (2016-17)
- Mukhopadhyay S, Thatoi PK, Pandey AD, Das BK, Ravindran B, Bhattacharjee S, Mohapatra SK. Transcriptomic meta-analysis reveals up-regulation of gene expression functional in osteoclast differentiation in human septic shock. PLoS One. 2017 Feb 15;12(2):e0171689.
- Panda AK, Ravindran B, Das BK. CR1 exon variants are associated with lowered CR1 expression and increased susceptibility to SLE in a Plasmodium falciparum endemic population. Lupus Sci Med. 2016 Nov 14;3(1):e00014
- Sengupta A, Ghosh S, Das BK, Panda A, Tripathy R, Pied S, Ravindran B, Pathak S, Sharma S, Sonawat HM. Host metabolic responses to Plasmodium falciparum infections evaluated by 1H NMR metabolomics. Mol Biosyst. 2016 Oct 18;12(11):3324-3332.
- Dalko E, Tchitchek N, Pays L, Herbert F, Cazenave PA, Ravindran B, Sharma S, Nataf S, Das B, Pied S. Erythropoietin Levels Increase during Cerebral Malaria and Correlate with Heme, Interleukin-10 and Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha in India. PLoS One. 2016 Jul 21;11(7):e0158420.
- Barman PK, Mukherjee R, Prusty BK, Suklabaidya S, Senapati S, Ravindran B. Chitohexaose protects against acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Cell Death Dis. 2016;12;7:e2224. doi: 10.1038/cddis.2016.131.
- Panda AK, Das BK, Panda A, Tripathy R, Pattnaik SS, Mahto H, Pied S, Pathak S, Sharma S, Ravindran B. Heterozygous mutants of TIRAP (S180L) polymorphism protect adult patients with Plasmodium falciparum infection against severe disease and mortality. Infect Genet Evol. 2016 Sep;43:146-50.
- Jain N, Khullar B, Oswal N, Banoth B, Joshi P, Ravindran B, Panda S, Basak S, George A, Rath S, Bal V, Sopory S. TLR-mediated albuminuria needs TNF?-mediated cooperativity between TLRs present in hematopoietic tissues and CD80 present on non-hematopoietic tissues in mice. Dis Model Mech. 2016.1;9(6):707-17.
- Das Moon Moon, Bhotra Tilothama, Zala Dolatsingh, Singh DV. Phenotypic and genetic characteristics of Vibrio cholerae O1 carrying Haitian ctxB and attributes of classical and El Tor biotypes isolated from Silvassa, India. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2016, 65(8): 720-728.
- Panda Sasmita, Jena Smrutiti, Sharma Savitri, Dhawan Benu, Nath Gopal, Singh DV. Identification of novel sequence types among Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolated from variety of infections in India. PLoS One 201.6, 11(11):e0166193.
- Bhotra Tilothama, Das Moon Moon, Pal BB, Singh DV. Genomic profile of antibiotic resistant, classical ctxB positive Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor isolated in 2003 and 2005 from Puri, India: a retrospective study. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology, 2016, 34(4):462-470.
- Jha G, Sahu PK, Panda S, Singh DV, Patole S, Mohapatra H, Sarkar M. Synthesis, phytophysical studies on some anthracene-based ionic liquids and their application as biofilm inhibitors. Chemistry Select 2017, 2:2426-2432. DOI:10.1002/slct.201601964.
- Abimannan T, Peroumal D, Parida JR, Barik PK, Padhan P, Devadas S. Oxidative stress modulates the cytokine response of differentiated Th17 and Th1 cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016 Aug 24;99:352-363.
- Peroumal D, Abimannan T, Tagirasa R, Parida JR, Singh SK, Padhan P, Devadas S Inherent low Erk and p38 activity reduce Fas Ligand expression and degranulation in T helper 17 cells leading to activation induced cell death resistance. Oncotarget. 2016 Jul 28.
- Nayak TK#, Mamidi P#, Kumar A, Singh LP, Sahoo SS, Chattopadhyay S*,Chattopadhyay S*. Regulation of Viral Replication, Apoptosis and Pro-Inflammatory Responses by 17-AAG during Chikungunya Virus Infection in Macrophages. Viruses. 2017 Jan 6;9(1). pii: E3. doi: 10.3390/v9010003. (#-Joint first author).
- Satpati S, Manohar K, Acharya N*, Dixit A. Comparative molecular dynamics studies of heterozygous open reading frames of DNA polymerase eta (?) in pathogenic yeast Candida albicans. Sci Rep. 2017 Jan 25;7:41087. doi: 10.1038/srep41087. (Joined corresponding author).
- Ray R, Rai V*. Lysophosphatidic acid converts monocytes into macrophages in both mice and humans. Blood. 2017 Mar 2;129(9):1177-1183. doi:10.1182/blood-2016-10-743757. Epub 2017 Jan 9. PubMed PMID: 28069607
- Ojha N, Pradhan N, Singh S, Barla A, Shrivastava A, Khatua P, Rai V*, Bose S. Evaluation of HDPE and LDPE degradation by fungus, implemented by statistical optimization. Sci Rep. 2017 Jan 4;7:39515. doi: 10.1038/srep39515. PubMed PMID: 28051105; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5209683.
- Xue J, Manigrasso M, Scalabrin M, Rai V, Reverdatto S, Burz DS, Fabris D,Schmidt AM, Shekhtman A. Change in the Molecular Dimension of a RAGE-LigandComplex Triggers RAGE Signaling. Structure. 2016 Sep 6;24(9):1509-22. doi:10.1016/j.str.2016.06.021. Epub 2016 Aug 11. PubMed PMID: 27524199; PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC5014727.
- Tripathy A, Khanna S, Padhan P, Smita S, Raghav S, Gupta B. Direct recognition of LPS drive TLR4 expressing CD8+T cell activation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Sci Rep. 2017, 7: 933.
- Sobel JA, Krier I, Andersin T, Raghav S, Canella D, Gilardi F, Kalantzi AS, Rey G, Weger B, Gachon F, Dal Peraro M, Hernandez N, Schibler U, Deplancke B, Naef F; CycliX consortium. Transcriptional regulatory logic of the diurnal cycle in the mouse liver. PLoS Biol. 2017, 15: e2001069.
- Sengupta S, Naz S, Das I, Ahad A, Padhi A, Naik SK, Ganguli G, Pattanaik KP, Raghav SK, Nandicoori VK, Sonawane A. Mycobacterium tuberculosis EsxL inhibits MHC-II expression by promoting hypermethylation in class-II transactivator loci in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2017, 292: 6855-6868.
- Pradhan RN, Bues JJ, Gardeux V, Schwalie PC, Alpern D, Chen W, Russeil J, Raghav SK, Deplancke B. Dissecting the brown adipogenic regulatory network using integrative genomics. Sci Rep. 2017, 7: 42130.
- Zachariah S, Kumari P, Das SK*. Sulfitobacter pontiacus subsp. fungiae subsp. nov., isolated from coral Fungia seychellensis from Andaman Sea, and description of Sulfitobacter pontiacus subsp. pontiacus subsp. nov. Current Microbiology 2017; 74: 404-412. DOI: 10.1007/s00284-017-1200-7.
- Narayan KD, Sabat SC, Das SK*. Mechanism of electron transport during thiosulfate oxidation in an obligately mixotrophic bacterium Thiomonas bhubaneswarensis strain S10 (DSM 18181T). Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 2017; 101: 1239-1252. DOI: 10.1007/s00253-016-7958-x.
- Badhai J, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Rhizobium pusense strain NRCPB10T (LMG 25623T) isolated from rhizosphere soil of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) grown in India. Genome Announcements 2017; DOI: 10.1128/genomeA.00282-17.
- Bandyopadhyay S, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Pannonibacter indicus strain HT23T (DSM 23407T), a highly arsenate tolerant bacterium isolated from a hot spring in India. Genome Announcements 2017; DOI: 1128/genomeA.0028317.
- Badhai J, Das SK*. Characterization of three novel SXT/R391 integrating conjugative elements ICEMfuInd1a and ICEMfuInd1b, and ICEMprChn1 identified in the genomes of Marinomonas fungiae JCM 18476T and Marinomonas profundimaris strain D104. Frontiers in Microbiology 2016; 7: 1896. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.01896.
- Zachariah S, Kumari P, Das SK*. Psychrobacter pocilloporae sp. nov., isolated from coral Pocillopora eydouxi. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 2016; 66: 5091-5098. doi: 10.1099/ijsem.0.001476.
- Kumari P, Bhattacharjee S, Poddar A, Das SK*. Sulfitobacter faviae nov., isolated from coral Favia veroni from Andaman Sea, India. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 2016; 66: 3786-3792. doi: 10.1099/ijsem.0.001265.
- Badhai J, Ghosh TS, Das SK*. Composition and functional characterization of microbiome associated with mucus of the coral Fungia echinata collected from Andaman Sea. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2016; 7: 936. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.00936.
- Narayan KD, Badhai J, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Comamonas thiooxydans strain S23T (DSM 17888 T) a thiosulfate oxidizing bacterium isolated from a sulfur spring in India. Genome Announcements 2016; 4: e00834-16. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00834-16.
- Lepcha RT, Poddar A, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Idiomarina woesei strain W11T (DSM 27808T) isolated from Andaman sea. Genome Announcements 2016; 4: e00831-16. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00831-16.
- Deep K, Poddar A, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Anoxybacillus suryakundensis strain JS1T (DSM 27374T) isolated from hot spring at Jharkhand, India. Genome Announcements 2016; 4: e00824-16. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00824-16.
- Badhai J, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Chelatococcus sambhunathii strain HT4T (DSM18167T) isolated from a hot spring in India. Genome Announcements 2016; 4: e00825-16. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00825-16.
- Badhai J, Narayan KD, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Gulbenkiania indica strain HT27T (DSM 17901T) isolated from a sulfur spring in India. Genome Announcements 2016; 4: e00830-16. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00830-16.
- Poddar A, Lepcha RT, Whitman WB, Das SK*. Draft genome sequence of Tepidiphilus thermophilus strain JHK30T (JCM 19170T) isolated from a terrestrial hot spring in India. Genome Announcements 2016; 4: e00832-16. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00832-16.
- Chatterjee A, Das NC, Raha S, Maiti IB, Shrestha A, Khan A, Acharya S and Dey N. Enrichment of apoplastic fluid with therapeutic recombinant protein for efficient biofarming. Biotechnology Progress 2017 doi: 10.1002/btpr.2461.
- *1. Rajashree SN, Kuila N, Biswas S, Pattnayak NC, Biswas G, Chakraborty S. Dual transcripts of BCR-ABL and different polymorphisms in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia patients from Odisha, India. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 2016 May;143(Supplement):S136-S141.
- Agatheeswaran S and Chakraborty S. MEF2C and CEBPA: possible coregulators in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia disease progression. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016 Aug?77(Pt A):16570.
- Agatheeswaran S, Pattnayak NC, and Chakraborty S. Identification and functional characterization of the miRNA gene regulatory network in chronic myeloid leukemia lineage negative cells. Sci Rep. 2016 Sep 2?6:32493.
- Kuila N, Nayak KB, Halder A, Agatheeswaran S, Biswas G, Biswas S, Pattnayak NC and Chakraborty S. Ecotropic viral integration site I regulate alpha-1, 6 fucosyl transferase expression and blocks erythropoiesis in chronic myeloid leukemia. Leuk. Lymphoma. 2016. Dec 14:1-7.
- Gharat SA, Parmar S, Tambat S, Vasudevan M, Shaw BP. Transcriptome analysis of the response to NaCl in Suaeda maritima provides an insight into salt tolerance mechanisms in halophytes. PLoS One 2016, 11(9): e0163485.
- Das K, Panda BB, Sekhar S, Kariali E, Mohapatra PK, Shaw BP. Comparative proteomics of the superior and inferior spikelets at the early grain filling stage in rice cultivars contrast for panicle compactness and ethylene evolution. J Plant Physiol. 2016, 202: 65-74.
- Kundu P, Das M, Tripathy K and Sahoo SK. Delivery of Dual Drug Loaded Lipid Based Nanoparticles across the Blood-Brain Barrier Impart Enhanced Neuroprotection in a Rotenone Induced Mouse Model of Parkinson’s Disease. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2016, 21;7(12):1658-1670.
- Vidyasekar P, Shyamsunder P, Sahoo SK and Verma RS. Scaffold-free and scaffold-assisted 3D culture enhances differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016 Feb;52(2):204-17.
- Priyadarshi S, Hansdah K, Ray CS, Biswal NC, Ramchander PV. Otosclerosis Associated with a De Novo Mutation ?832G>A in the TGFB1 Gene Promoter Causing a Decreased Expression Level. Scientific Reports 2016; 6: 29572, 1-6
- DK Behera, PM Behera, L Acharya, A Dixit*. Development and validation of pharmacophore and QSAR models for influenza PB2 inhibitors. Chem. Bio. Lett., 2016, 4 (1), 1-8.
- S Satpati, P Behera, A Dixit*. Identification of lipy inhibitors as antitubercular agents using stepwise virtual screening. , Int. J. Pharm. Chem. Biol. Sci. 6 (4), 2016.
- P Mishra, S Satpati, SK Baral, A Dixit*, SC Sabat*. “S95C substitution in CuZn-SOD of Ipomoea carnea: impact on the structure, function, and stability”. Mol. BioSyst. 2016, 12, 3017-3031.
- Samantara AK, Maji S, Ghosh A, Bag B, Dash R, Jena BK. Good’s buffer derived highly emissive carbon quantum dots: excellent biocompatible anticancer drug carrier. Journal of Materials Chemistry B 2016; 4, 2412-2420.
- Suklabaidya S, Das B, Ali SA, Jain S, Swaminathan S, Mohanty AK, Panda SK, Dash P, Chakraborty S, Batra SK, Senapati S. Characterization and use of HapT1-derived homologous tumors as a preclinical model to evaluate therapeutic efficacy of drugs against pancreatic tumor desmoplasia. (2016) Oncotarget. 2016 Jul 5;7(27):41825-41842.
- Mohapatra C, Jagdev MK, Vasudevan D. Crystal structures reveal N-terminal Domain of Arabidopsis thaliana ClpD to be highly divergent from that of ClpC1. Scientific Reports 2017; 7: 44366.
- Sahu SK, Chakrabarti S, Roy SD, Baishya N, Reddy RR, Suklabaidya S, Kumar A, Mohanty S, Maji S, Suryanwanshi A, Rajasubramaniam S, Asthana M, Panda AK, Singh SP, Ganguly S, Shaw OP, Bichhwalia AK, Sahoo PK, Chattopadhyay NR, Chatterjee K, Kundu CN, Das AK, Kannan R, Zorenpuii, Zomawia E, Sema SA, Singh YI, Ghosh SK, Sharma K, Das BS, Choudhuri T. Association of p53 codon72 Arg>Pro polymorphism with susceptibility to nasopharyngeal carcinoma: evidence from a case-control study and meta-analysis. Oncogenesis. 2016 May 9;5:e225. doi: 10.1038/oncsis.2016.31. PubMed PMID: 27159678
- Chauhan S, Kumar S, Jain A, Ponpuak M, Mudd MH, Kimura T, Choi SW, Peters R, Mandell M, Bruun JA, Johansen T, Deretic V. TRIMs and Galectins Globally Cooperate and TRIM16 and Galectin-3 Co-direct Autophagy in Endomembrane Damage Homeostasis. Dev Cell. 2016 Oct 10;39(1):13-27. doi: 10.1016/j.devcel.2016.08.003. Epub 2016 Sep 29.P27693506MID
- Padmanaban G, Nagaraj VA. Curcumin May Defy Medicinal Chemists. ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters 2017; 8 (3): 274
- Suklabaidya S, Dash P, Senapati S. Pancreatic fibroblast exosomes regulate survival of cancer cells. Oncogene; Feb 6. 2017 (Letter to editor) Page 1 of 6
- Narottam Acharya*, Kodavati Manohar, Shreenath Nayak, Avishek Chatterjee and Amrita Dalei (2106) DNA Polymerase: A putative drug target against Candidiasis. Frontiers in Life Sciences, Excel Indian Publishers, New Delhi, India. Pp. 12-23
- Padmanaban G, Nagaraj VA. Curcumin from turmeric as an adjunct drug? In: Studies in Natural Products Chemistry, Bioactive Natural Products. Edited by Atta-ur-Rahman. 2017. [In Press]
Research Publications (2015-16)
Original peer-reviewed research articles
- Barman PK, Mukherjee R, Prusty BK, Suklabaidya S, Senapati S, Ravindran. B. Chitohexaose protects against acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Cell Death & Disease. 2016, 12;7: e2224
- Panda AK, Das BK, Panda A, Tripathy R, Pattnaik SS, Mahto H, Pied S, Pathak S, Sharma S, Ravindran B. Heterozygous mutants of TIRAP (S180L) polymorphism protect adult patients with Plasmodium falciparum infection against severe disease and mortality. Infection Genetics Evolution, 2016,7. pii: S1567-1348(16)30181-2
- **Jain N, Khullar B, Oswal N, Banoth B, Joshi P, Ravindran B, Panda S, Basak S, George A, Rath S, Bal V, Sopory S. TLR-mediated albuminuria needs TNFα-mediated co-operativity between TLRs present in hematopoietic tissues and CD80 present on non-hematopoietic tissues. Disease Models and Mechanisms. 2016,28. pii: dmm.023440
- **Herbert F, Tchitchek N, Bansal D, Jacques J, Pathak S, Bécavin C, Fesel C, Dalko E, Cazenave PA, Preda C, Ravindran B, Sharma S, Das B, Pied S. Evidence of IL-17, IP-10, and IL-10 involvement in multiple-organ dysfunction and IL-17 pathway in acute renal failure associated to Plasmodium falciparum. Journal Translational Medicine 2015, 24;13:369
- Mukherjee R, Kanti Barman P, Kumar Thatoi P, Tripathy R, Kumar Das B, Ravindran B. Non-Classical monocytes display inflammatory features: Validation in Sepsis and Systemic Lupus Erythematous. Scientific Reports. 2015, 11;5:13886
- **Dalko E, Das B, Herbert F, Fesel C, Pathak S, Tripathy R, Cazenave PA, Ravindran B, Sharma S, Pied S. Multifaceted Role of Heme during Severe Plasmodium falciparum Infections in India. Infection and Immunity. 2015,83(10):3793-9
- Mohapatra SS, Mantri CK, Bhotra Tilothama, Singh DV. Characteristics of Vibrio cholerae O1 isolated from water of the River Ganga, Varanasi, India. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology 2015, 33: 507-515.
- **Soni D, Singh DV, Dubey SK. Pregnancy-Associated listeriosis: virulence and genotypic analysis of Listeria monocytogenes from clinical samples. Journal of Microbiology 2015, 53: 653-60.
- Panda Sasmita, Singh DV. Whole genome sequences of Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolated from infected eye and healthy conjunctiva in Bhubaneswar, India. Genome Announcement, 2016, 4(2): e00099-16.
- Bhotra Tilothama, Singh DV. Whole genome sequence of Vibrio alginolyticus isolated from the mucus of the Coral Fungiadanai in the Andaman Sea, India. Genome Announcement 2016, 4(3): e00339-16.
- Panda Sasmita, Kar Sarita, Sharma Savitri, Singh DV. Multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates from infected eye and healthy conjunctiva. Journal of Global Antibiotic Resistance 2016, in press.
- Mishra P, Kumar A, Mamidi P, Kumar S, Basantray I, Saswat T, Das I, Nayak TK, Subhasis Chattopadhyay S, Subudhi BB, Chattopadhyay S. Inhibition of Chikungunya Virus Replication by 1-[(2-Methylbenzimidazol-1-yl) Methyl]-2-Oxo-Indolin-3-ylidene] Amino] Thiourea (MBZM-N-IBT). Scientific Report. 2016, 4th Feb, DOI: 10.1038/srep20122.
- Kumar S, Mamidi P, Kumar A, Basantray I, Bramha U, Dixit A, Maiti PK, Singh S, Suryawanshi AR, Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S. Development of novel antibodies against non-structural proteins nsP1, nsP3 and nsP4 of Chikungunya virus: Potential use in basic research. Archives of Virol. 2015 Nov; 160(11):2749-61
- Saswat T, Kumar A, Kumar S, Mamidi P, Muduli S, Debata NK, Pal NS, Pratheek BM., Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S. High rates of co-infection of Dengue and Chikungunya virus in Odisha and Maharashtra, India during 2013. Infect Genet Evol. 2015 Aug 4;35:134-141.
- #Pratheek BM, Suryawanshi AR, Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S. In silico analysis of MHC-I restricted epitopes of Chikungunya virus proteins: Implication in understanding anti-CHIKV CD8(+) T cell response and advancement of epitope based immunotherapy for CHIKV infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2015 Apr; 31:118-26.
- Kodavati Manohar and Narottam Acharya Characterization of Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen (PCNA) from Pathogenic Yeast Candida albicans and its functional analyses in S. cerevisiae. BMC-Microbiology, 2015: 15:257.
- Panda P, Taviti AC, Satpati S, Kar MM, Dixit A, Beuria TK, Doxorubicin inhibits E. coli division by interacting at a novel site in FtsZ. Biochem J. 2015, 471(3):335-46.
- **Manigrasso MB, Pan J, Rai V, Zhang J, Reverdatto S, Quadri N, DeVita RJ, Ramasamy R, Shekhtman A, Schmidt AM. Small Molecule Inhibition of Ligand-Stimulated RAGE-DIAPH1 Signal Transduction. Sci Rep. 2016 Mar 3;6:22450.
- **Sahu D, Raghav SK, Gautam H, Das HR. A novel coumarin derivative, 8-methoxy chromen-2-one alleviates collagen induced arthritis by down regulating nitric oxide, NFκB and proinflammatory cytokines. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015 Dec;29(2):891-900.
- Dipti Ranjan Mishra, Sanjib Chaudhary, B. Madhu Krishna and Sandip K. Mishra. Identification of critical elements for regulation of inorganic pyrophosphatase (PPA1) in MCF7 breast cancer cells. PLoS One (2015) 10(4): e0124864. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0124864, 3.234
- S Chaudhary, B Madhukrishna, AK Adhya, S Keshari and SK Mishra. Overexpression of caspase 7 is ERα dependent to affect proliferation and cell growth in breast cancer cells by targeting p21Cip Oncogenesis (2016) 5, e219; doi:10.1038/oncsis.2016.12, 3.952
- S Chaudhary, B Madhukrishna and SK. Mishra A novel FOXA1/ESR1 interacting pathway: a study of Oncomine breast cancer microarrays’ analyzes gene. Oncology Letters, 2016 (In Press)
- Saumya Bandyopadhyay and Subrata K. Das. Functional analysis of ars gene cluster of Pannonibacterindicus strain HT23T (DSM 23407T) and identification of a proline residue essential for arsenate reductase activity. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 100: 3235-3244.doi. 10.1007/s00253-016-7390-2.
- Kamal Deep, Abhijit Poddar and Subrata K. Das. Cloning, overexpression and characterization of halostable, solvent tolerant novel β-endoglucanase from a marine bacterium PhotobacteriumpanuliriLBS5T (DSM 27646T). Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 2015. 178: 695-709.doi:10.1007/s12010-015-1903-9.
- Jhasketan Badhai, Tarini Shankar Ghosh and Subrata K Das. Taxonomic and functional characteristics of microbial communities and their correlation with physicochemical properties of four geothermal springs in Odisha, India. Frontiers in Microbiology.2015 6: 1-15. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2015.01166.
- Sarkar S, Jain S, Rai V, Sahoo DK, Raha S, Suklabaidya S, Senapati S, Rangnekar VM, Maiti IB, Dey N (2016) Plant-derived SAC domain of PAR-4 (Prostate Apoptosis Response 4) exhibits growth inhibitory effects in prostate cancer cells. Frontiers in Plant Science 6:822. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2015.00822.
- Rai V, Sarkar S, Satpati S, Dey N (2016) Overexpression of human peroxisomalenoyl-CoA delta isomerase2 HsPECI2, an ortholog of bamboo expressed during gregarious flowering alters salinity stress responses and polar lipid content in tobacco. Functional Plant Biology. 43(3) 232-243 http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/FP15292.
- Rajashree SN, Kuila N, Biswas S, Pattnayak NC, Biswas G, Chakraborty S. Dual transcripts of BCR-ABL and different polymorphisms in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia patients from Odisha, India. Indian Journal of Medical Research. Accepted.
- Borah S, Barrodia P, Swain RK. Nucleolar protein 4-like has a complex expression pattern in zebrafish embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2016; 60(1-2-3):53-56.
- **Noy PJ, Swain RK, Khan K, Lodhia P, Bicknell R. Sprouting angiogenesis is regulated by shedding of the C-type lectin family 14, member A (CLEC14A) ectodomain, catalyzed by rhomboid-like 2 protein (RHBDL2). FASEB J. 2016 Mar 3. pii: fj.201500122R. [Epub ahead of print]
- **Sekhar S, Panda BB, Mohapatra T, Das K, Shaw BP, Kariali E, Mohapatra PK. Spikelet-specific variation in ethylene production and constitutive expression of ethylene receptors and signal transducers during grain filling of compact- and lax-panicle rice (Oryzasativa) cultivars. Journal of Plant Physiology 2015; 179:21-34.
- **Panda BB, Badoghar AK, Das K, Panigrahi R, Kariali E, Das SR, Dash SK, Shaw BP, and Mohapatra PK. Compact panicle architecture is detrimental for growth as well as sucrose synthase activity of developing rice kernels. Functional Plant Biology 2015; http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/FP14363
- Panda BB, Badoghar AK, Sekhar S, Kariali E, Mohapatra PK and Shaw BP. Biochemical and molecular characterization of salt-induced poor grain filling in a rice cultivar. Functional Plant Biology 2015;43:266-277, http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/FP15229.
- Gharat SA and Shaw BP. Novel and conserved miRNAs in the halophyte Suaedamaritima identified by deep sequencing and computational predictions using the ESTs of two mangrove plants. BMC Plant Biology 2015; DOI 10.1186/s12870-015-0682-3
- Sekhar S, Gharat SA, Panda BB, Mohaptra T, Das K, Kariali E, Mohapatra PK and Shaw BP. Identification and characterization of differentially expressed genes in inferior and superior spikelets of rice cultivars with contrasting panicle-compactness and grain-filling properties. PLoS One 2015; doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0145749
- Gharat SA, Shaw BP. Computational prediction and experimental validation of a novel miRNA in Suaedamaritima, a halophyte. Genetics and Molecular Research 2016; DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.4238/gmr.15017527
- **Panda BB, Badoghar AK, Sekhar S, Shaw BP, Mohapatra PK. 1-MCP treatment enhanced expression of genes controlling endosperm cell division and starch biosynthesis for improvement of grain filling in a dense-panicle rice cultivar. Plant Science 2016; 246:11-25.
- Acharya S and Sahoo SK. Exploitation of redox discrepancy in leukemia cells by a reactive oxygen species nanoscavanger for inducing cytotoxicity in imatinib resistant cells. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2016; 467: 180-191.
- Singh A, Jain S, Senapati S, Verma RS, Sahoo SK. Magnetic Nanoparticles Labeled Mesenchymal Stem Cells: A Pragmatic Solution toward Targeted Cancer Theranostics. Adv Healthc Mater. 2015 Sep 1. doi: 10.1002/adhm.201500343. (IF: 4.880)
- Vandana M, Sahoo SK. Synergistic activity of combination therapy with PEGylated pemetrexed and gemcitabine for an effective cancer treatment. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2015 Aug; 94: 83-93.
- #Priyadarshi, S., Ray, C. S., Biswal, N. C., Nayak, S. R., Panda, K. C., Desai, A. and Ramchander, P. V. Genetic Association and Altered Gene Expression of Osteoprotegerin in Otosclerosis Patients. Annals of Human Genetics 2015; 79: 225–237.
- Amarendra Panda, Suresh Satpati, Anshuman Dixit and Shantanu Pal. Novel homologated-apio adenosine derivatives as A3 adenosine receptor agonists: design, synthesis and molecular docking studies. RSC Adv., 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C5RA26416B, Accepted
- **J. Jena, Ravindra Kumar, Anshuman Dixit, Trupti Das. Anoxic-Aerobic SBR system for nitrate, phosphate and COD removal from high-strength wastewater and diversity study of microbial communities. Engg. J., 2016, 105, Part A, 80–89
- Maji S, Samal SK, Pattanaik L, Panda S, Quinn BA, Das SK, Sarkar D, Pellecchia M, Fisher PB, Dash R. Mcl-1 is an important therapeutic target for oral squamous cell carcinomas. Oncotarget 2015; 6(18): 16623-16637
- **Sengupta N, Mukherjee S, Tripathi P, Kumar R, Suryawanshi AR, Basu A. Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarkers of Japanese Encephalitis [version 2; referees: 3 approved]. F1000Research 2015, 4:334 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.6801.2).
- **Swaroop S, Sengupta N, Suryawanshi AR, Adlakha YK, Basu A. HSP60 plays a regulatory role in IL-1β-induced microglial inflammation via TLR4-p38 MAPK axis. J Neuroinflammation. 2016 Feb 2;13(1):27. doi: 10.1186/s12974-016-0486-x.
- Sahu SK, Chakrabarti S, Roy SD, Baishya N, Reddy RR, Suklabaidya S, Kumar A, Mohanty S, Maji S, Suryanwanshi A, Rajasubramaniam S, Asthana M, Panda AK, Singh SP, Ganguly S, Shaw OP, Bichhwalia AK, Sahoo PK, Chattopadhyay NR, Chatterjee K, Kundu CN, Das AK, Kannan R, Zorenpuii, Zomawia E, Sema SA, Singh YI, Ghosh SK, Sharma K, Das BS, Choudhuri T. Association of p53 codon72 Arg>Pro polymorphism with susceptibility to nasopharyngeal carcinoma: evidence from a case-control study and meta-analysis. Oncogenesis. 2016 May 9;5:e225. doi: 10.1038/oncsis.2016.31. PubMed PMID: 27159678
- **Malabika Banerjee, Subrata Chattopadhyay, Tathagata Choudhuri, Rammohan Bera, Sanjay Kumar, Biswajit Chakraborty and Samir Kumar Mukherjee. Cytotoxicity and cell cycle arrest induced by andrographolide lead to programmed cell death of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell line. J Biomed Sci 2016 Apr 16; 23:40.
**Collaborative work of ILS Faculty
#In Press last year, published this year
- Ravindran B. New pathogen discovery, Current Science, 2016, 110 549-551
- Ray R, Juranek JK, Rai V*. RAGE axis in neuroinflammation, neurodegeneration and its emerging role in the pathogenesis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 62:48-55.
- Pradhan N, Singh S, Ojha N, Shrivastava A, Barla A, Rai V, Bose S*. Facets of Nanotechnology as Seen in Food Processing, Packaging, and Preservation Industry. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:365672)
- Gupta B, Raghav SK. Single Cell Transcriptomics for Autoimmune Disorders. J Mol Genet Med 2015, 9:191
- Dey N, Sarkar S, Acharya S, Maiti IB (2015) Synthetic promoters in planta. Planta. 242(5):1077-94. doi: 10.1007/s00425-015-2377-2.
- Dilnawaz F, Sahoo SK. Therapeutic approaches of magnetic nanoparticles for the central nervous system. Drug Discov Today. 2015 Oct; 20 (10):1256-64
- Mohanty C, Kundu P, Sahoo SK. Brain Targeting of siRNA via Intranasal Pathway. Curr Pharm Des. 2015; 21(31):4606-13.
- Vasudevan D, Gopalan G, Kumar A, Garcia VJ, Luan S, Swaminathan K. Plant immunophilins: a review of their structure-function relationship. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015; 1850(10):2145-58.
- Sahoo DK, Sarkar S, Maiti IB, Dey N. Novel synthetic promoters from the Cestrum yellow leaf curling virus in plant synthetic promoters. Methods in Molecular Biology (under press)
Research Publications (2014-15)
Original peer-reviewed research articles
Soni DK, Singh M, Singh DV**, Dubey SK. Virulence and genotypic characterization of Listeria monocytogenes isolated from vegetable and soil samples. BMC Microbiol. 2014 Sep 8;14:241.
Kumar A, Sahu SK, Mohanty S, Chakrabarti S, Maji S, Reddy RR, Jha AK, Goswami C, Kundu CN, Rajasubramaniam S, Verma SC, Choudhuri T. Kaposi sarcoma herpes virus latency associated nuclear antigen protein release the G2/M cell cycle blocks by modulating ATM/ATR mediated checkpoint pathway. Plos One 2014; 9(6):1-11.
Mohanty S, Sahu SK, Roy CN, A Kumar, Das P, Choudhuri T. TAp63alpha Induced apoptosis Inhibited by Kaposis Sarcoma Herpesvirus Latency Nuclear Antigen. Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis 2015; 6(2):1-5.
Pratheek BM, Suryawanshi AR, Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S. In silico analysis of MHC-I restricted epitopes of Chikungunya virus proteins: Implication in understanding anti-CHIKV CD8(+) T cell response and advancement of epitope based immunotherapy for CHIKV infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2015 Apr;31:118-26.
Das I, Basantray I, Mamidi P, Nayak TK, B M P, Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S. Heat shock protein 90 positively regulates Chikungunya virus replication by stabilizing viral non-structural protein nsP2 during infection. PLoS One. 2014 Jun 24;9(6): e100531.
Tripathy SK, Taviti AC, Dehury N, Sahoo A, Pal S, Beuria TK, Patra S. Synthesis, characterisation and antibacterial activity of [(p-cym)RuX(L)](+/2+) (X = Cl, H2O; L = bpmo, bpms) complexes. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 21;44(11).5114-24.
Tekabe Y, Anthony T, Li Q, Ray R, Rai V**, Zhang G, Schmidt AM, Johnson LL. Treatment effect with anti-RAGE F(ab’)2 antibody improves hind limb angiogenesis and blood flow in Type 1 diabetic mice with left femoral artery ligation. Vasc Med. 2015 Mar 25. pii: 1358863X14568337.
Gubelmann C, Schwalie PC, Raghav SK**, Röder E, Delessa T, Kiehlmann E, Waszak SM, Corsinotti A, Udin G, Holcombe W, Rudofsky G, Trono D, Wolfrum C, Deplancke B. Identification of the transcription factor ZEB1 as a central component of the adipogenic gene regulatory network. Elife. 2014 Aug 27;3:e03346. .
Jain S, Suklabaidya S, Das B, Raghav SK**, Batra SK, Senapati S. TLR4 activation by lipopolysaccharide confers survival advantage to growth factor deprived prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2015 Jul;75(10):1020-33.
Mishra DR, Chaudhary S, Krishna BM Mishra SK. Identification of critical elements for regulation of inorganic pyrophosphatase (PPA1) in MCF7 breast cancer cells. PLOS ONE. (2015) (in press).
Kumari P, Poddar A, Schumann P, Das SK. Vibrio panuliri sp. nov., a marine bacterium isolated from spiny lobster, Panulirus penicillatus and transfer of Vibrio ponticus from Scophthalmi clade to the newly proposed Ponticus clade. Res Microbiol. 2014 Dec;165(10):826-35.
Poddar A, Lepcha RT, Mukherjee D, Bhattacharyya D, Das SK. Comparative analysis of 16S rRNA signature sequences of the genus Idiomarina and Idiomarina woesei sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium isolated from the Andaman Sea. Res Microbiol. 2014 Sep;165(7):501-7.
Deep K, Poddar A, Das SK. Photobacterium panuliri sp. nov., an alkalitolerant marine bacterium isolated from eggs of spiny lobster, Panulirus penicillatus from Andaman Sea. Curr Microbiol. 2014 Nov;69(5):660-8.
Maiti S, Patro S, Purohit S, Jain S, Senapati S, Dey N. Effective control of Salmonella infections by employing combinations of recombinant antimicrobial human β-defensins hBD-1 and hBD-2. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014 Nov;58(11):6896-903
Banerjee J, Sahoo DK, Raha S, Sarkar S, Dey N, Maiti IB. A Region Containing an as-1 Element of Dahlia Mosaic Virus (DaMV) Subgenomic Transcript Promoter Plays a Key Role in Green Tissue- and Root-Specific Expression in Plant. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter Aug 7, 2014;
Sahoo DK, Sarkar S, Raha S, Das NC, Banerjee J, Dey N, Maiti IB. Analysis of Dahlia Mosaic Virus Full-length Transcript Promoter-Driven Gene Expression in Transgenic Plants. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter May 28, 2014;
Patro S, Maiti S, Panda SK, Dey N. Utilization of plant-derived recombinant human β-defensins (hBD-1 and hBD-2) for averting salmonellosis. Transgenic Res. 2015 Apr;24(2):353-64
Pradhan B, Naqvi AR, Saraf S, Mukherjee SK, Dey N. Prediction and characterization of Tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus (ToLCNDV) responsive novel microRNAs in Solanum lycopersicum. Virus Res. 2015 Jan 2;195:183-95.
Sahoo DK, Sarkar S, Raha S, Maiti IB, Dey N. Comparative analysis of synthetic DNA promoters for high-level gene expression in plants. Planta. 2014 Oct;240(4):855-75.
Sahoo DK, Dey N, Maiti IB. pSiM24 is a novel versatile gene expression vector for transient assays as well as stable expression of foreign genes in plants. PLoS One. 2014 Jun 4;9(6):e98988.
Pradhan AK, Halder A, Chakraborty S. Physical and functional interaction of the proto-oncogene EVI1 and tumor suppressor gene HIC1 deregulates Bcl-xL mediated block in apoptosis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014 Aug;53:320-8.
Sekhar S, Panda BB, Mohapatra T, Das K, Shaw BP**, Kariali E, Mohapatra PK. Spikelet-specific variation in ethylene production and constitutive expression of ethylene receptors and signal transducers during grain filling of compact- and lax-panicle rice (Oryza sativa) cultivars. Journal of Plant Physiology 2015; 179: 21-34.
Parhi P, Sahoo SK. Trastuzumab guided nanotheranostics: A lipid based multifunctional nanoformulation for targeted drug delivery and imaging in breast cancer therapy. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Aug 1;451:198-211.
Das M, Duan W, Sahoo SK. Multifunctional nanoparticle-EpCAM aptamer bioconjugates: a paradigm for targeted drug delivery and imaging in cancer therapy. Nanomedicine. 2015 Feb;11(2):379-89.
Misra R, Das M, Sahoo BS, Sahoo SK. Reversal of multidrug resistance in vitro by co-delivery of MDR1 targeting siRNA and doxorubicin using a novel cationic poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoformulation. Int J Pharm. 2014 Nov 20;475(1-2):372-84. Dr. P V Ramchander
Priyadarshi S, Ray CS, Biswal NC, Nayak SR, Panda KC, Desai A, Ramchander PV. Genetic Association and Altered Gene Expression of Osteoprotegerin in Otosclerosis Patients. Annals of Human Genetics 2015 (in press)
Behera PM, Behera DK, Satpati S, Agnihotri G, Nayak S, Padhi P, Dixit A. Molecular modeling and identification of novel glucokinase activators through stepwise virtual screening. J Mol Graph Model. 2015 Apr;57:122-30.
Jena J, Kumar R, Dixit A**, Pandey S, Das T. Evaluation of simultaneous nutrient and COD removal with polyhydroxybutyrate (PHB) accumulation using mixed microbial consortia under anoxic condition and their bioinformatics analysis. PLoS One.2015 Feb 17;10(2):e0116230.
Archana S, Geesala R, Rao NB, Satpati S, Puroshottam G, Panasa A, Dixit A**, Das A, Srivastava AK. Development of constrained tamoxifen mimics and their antiproliferative properties against breast cancer cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett.2015 Feb 1;25(3):680-4.
Beesu M, Malladi SS, Fox LM, Jones CD, Dixit A**, David SA. Human Toll-like receptor 8-selective agonistic activities in 1-alkyl-1H-benzimidazol-2-amines. J Med Chem. 2014 Sep 11;57(17):7325-41.
Samal SK, Routray S, Veeramachaneni GK, Dash R, Botlagunta M. Ketorolac salt is a newly discovered DDX3 inhibitor to treat oral cancer. Sci Rep. 2015 Apr 28;5:
Kumar A, Samal SK, Dash R**, Ojha U. Polyacryloylhydrazide based injectable & stimuli responsive hydrogels with tunable properties. Journal of Materials Chemistry B. Sept 8, 2014; 2: 7429-7439.Dr. S Senapati
Jain S, Suklabaidya S, Das B, Raghav SK, Batra SK, Senapati S. TLR4 activation by lipopolysaccharide confers survival advantage to growth factor deprived prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2015 Jul;75(10):1020-33.
Maiti S, Patro S, Purohit S, Jain S, Senapati S**, Dey N. Effective control of Salmonella infections by employing combinations of recombinant antimicrobial human β-defensins hBD-1 and hBD-2. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014 Nov;58(11):6896-903
Pratheek BM, Suryawanshi AR**, Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S. In silico analysis of MHC-I restricted epitopes of Chikungunya virus proteins: Implication in understanding anti-CHIKV CD8(+) T cell response and advancement of epitope based immunotherapy for CHIKV infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2015 Apr;31:118-26.
**Collaborative work of ILS Faculty
Pratheek BM, Nayak TK, Sahoo SS, Mohanty PK, Chattopadhyay S, Chakraborty NG, Chattopadhyay S. Mammalian non-classical major histocompatibility complex I and its receptors: Important contexts of gene, evolution, and immunity. Indian J Hum Genet. 2014Apr;20(2):129-41
Juranek JK, Ray R, Banach M, Rai V. Receptor for Advanced Glycation End-Products in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Reviews in the Neurosciences. 2015. (Accepted)
Singh A, Sahoo SK: Magnetic nanoparticles: a novel platform for cancer theranostics, Drug Discovery today, 2014, 19(4):474-81.
Senapati S, Suklabaidya S and Panda SK. Scope of comparative oncology in India. Oncology, Gastroenterology and Hepatology reports. 2015; 4(1):75-76.
Das B, Suklabaidya S, Jain S, Baisakh MR, Senapati S. MAGEA3 (melanoma antigen family A,3); Atlas Genet Cytogenet Oncol Haematol. April 2014.
Vasudevan D, Gopalan G, Kumar A, Garcia VJ, Luan S, Swaminathan K. Plant immunophilins: a review of their structure-function relationship. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014 Dec 19. pii: S0304-4165(14)00425-5.
- Singh DV, Bhotra T. 240-Cholera Disease. In: Reference Module in Biomedical Sciences, Michael Caplan (ed.), Elsevier Inc, San Diego, USA, 2014.
- Dilnawaz F, Sahoo SK: Iron Oxide in drug delivery. In: Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery. Ariuas JL (eds.) CRC Press, Taylor Francis Group, Newyork. 2015, pg. 328-343.
- Mohanty AK, Dilnawaz F, Mohanta GP, Sahoo SK: Polymer Drug Conjugates for Drug Delivery. In: Targeted Drug Delivery: Concepts and Design, Devarajan PV, Jain S. (eds.) Springer Cham Heidelberg, Newyork. 2015, pg. 389-407.
- Singh A, Sahoo SK: Stem-Cell Nanoengineering: Exploration in a rapidly Moving field. In: Stem-Cell Nanoengineering, Baharvand H, Aghdami N. (eds.) John Willey & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey. 2015, pg. 87-95.
- Senapati S, Singh R K and Batra S Tumor micro environment: Blood vascular system in cancer metastasis. In: Systems Biology of Cancer, Editor: Sam Thiagalingam, Cambridge University Press London, April 2015.
- Agatheeswaran S, Chakraborty S. Response to “JAK2/STAT5 inhibition by nilotinib with ruxolitinib contributes to the elimination of CML CD34+ cells in vitro and in vivo”. [E-Letter] Blood (http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/124/9/1492.e-letters).5 September 2014.(IF:9.775)
Original peer-reviewed research article:
Deep K, Poddar A, Das SK*. Anoxybacillus suryakundensis sp. nov, a moderately thermophilic, alkalitolerant bacterium isolated from hot spring at Jharkhand, India. PLOS ONE. 2013 Dec 20;8(12):e85493.
Kumari P, Poddar A, Das SK*. Marinomonas fungiae sp. nov., isolated from the coral Fungia echinata from the Andaman Sea. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 2014 Feb;64(Pt 2):487-94
Poddar A, Lepcha RT, Das SK*. Taxonomic study of the genus Tepidiphilus: transfer of Petrobacter succinatimandens to the genus Tepidiphilus as Tepidiphilus succinatimandens comb. nov., emended description of the genus Tepidiphilus and description of Tepidiphilus thermophilus sp. nov., isolated from a terrestrial hot spring. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 2014 Jan; 64(Pt 1):228-35.
Kumari P, Bandyopadhyay S, Das SK*. Microbacterium oryzae sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from rice field soil. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 2013 Jul;63(Pt 7):2442-9.
Kamal Deep, Abhijit Poddar and Subrata K. Das*. 2014. Photobacterium panuliri sp. nov., an alkalitolerant marine bacterium isolated from eggs of spiny lobster, Panulirus penicillatus from Andaman Sea. Current Microbiology. In press.
Singh S, Pradhan AK, Chakraborty S*. SUMO1 negatively regulates the transcriptional activity of EVI1 and significantly increases its co-localization with EVI1 after treatment with arsenic trioxide. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta – Molecular Cell Research2013 Jun 13; 1833(10):2357-2368.
Pradhan AK and Chakraborty S*. EVI1 targets the cell adhesion molecule PECAM1 and up regulates its expression in chronic myeloid leukemia. Leukemia & Lymphoma. 2013 Jun 17.
Abhishek Kumar+, Prabhudutta Mamidi+, Indrani Das, Tapas K. Nayak, Sameer Kumar, Jagamohan Chhatai, Subhasis Chattopadhyay, Amol R. Suryawanshi, Soma Chattopadhyay*. A Novel 2006 Indian Outbreak Strain of Chikungunya Virus Exhibits Different Pattern of Infection as Compared to Prototype Strain.(+ joint first author) PLOS ONE. 2014, Jan 9(1): e85714.
Soma Chattopadhyay*, Abhishek Kumar, Prabhudutta Mamidi,Tapas Kumar Nayak, Indrani Das, Jagamohan Chhatai, Itishree Basantray, Umarani Bramha, Prasanta Kumar Maiti, Sujay Singh, Amol R. Suryawanshi, Subhasis Chattopadhyay. Development and characterization of monoclonal antibody against non-structural protein-2 of Chikungunya virus and its application. Journal of Virological Methods. 2014. 199:86-94.
Indrani Das, Itishree Basantray, Prabhudutta Mamidi, Tapas K Nayak, Pratheek B.M., Subhasis Chattopadhyay, Soma Chattopadhyay*.Heat shock protein 90 positively regulates Chikungunya virus replication by stabilizing viral non-structural protein nsP2 during infection. PLOS ONE. Accepted.
Panda M, Sahoo PK, Mohapatra AD, Dutta Sk, Thatoi PK, Tripathy R, Das BK, Satpathy AK, Ravindran B*. Decreased prevalence of sepsis but not mild or severe P. falciparum malaria is associated with pre-existing filarial infection. Parasites & Vectors. 2013 Jul 10; 6:203. doi: 10.1186/1756-3305-6-203.
Mandal M, Tripathy R, Panda AK, Pattanaik SS, Dakua S, Pradhan AK, Chakraborty S, Ravindran B*, Das B*. Vitamin D levels in Indian systemic lupus erythematosus patients: association with disease activity index and interferon alpha. Arthritis Research and Therapy. 2014 Feb 10;16(1):R49.
Das Mohapatra A, Panda SK, Pradhan AK, Prusty BK, Satapathy AK, Ravindran B*. Filarial antigens induce apoptosis of Monocytes through TLR4 Journal of Infectious.Diseases. 2014 Apr 15. pii: jiu208. [Epub ahead of print]
Debomita Sengupta, Dharmendra Bhargava, Anshuman Dixit, Bhabani Sahoo, Sutapa Biswas, Ghanashyam Biswas, Sandip Mishra*. ERRβ Signaling Involves FST and BCAS2 for Inhibiting Cellular Proliferation in Breast Cancer Cells. British Journal of Cancer, 1/2014.
Anshuman Dixit, Gennady Verkhivker. Structure-Functional Prediction and Analysis of Cancer Mutations in Protein Kinases: Implications for Targeting Genomic Variants with Personalized Drugs. Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine. 2014 (In press).
P. Mishra, Anshuman Dixit, Mamata Ray, S.C. Sabat*. Mechanistic study of CuZn- SOD from Ipomoea carnea mutated at dimer interface: enhancement of peroxidase activity upon monomerization. Biochimie 2014;97,181-193.
Hari Prasad Kokatla, Diptesh Sil, Subbalakshmi S. Malladi, Rajalakshmi Balakrishna, Alec Hermanson, Lauren Fox, Xinkun Wang, Anshuman Dixit, Sunil A. David. “Exquisite Selectivity For Human Toll-like Receptor 8 in Substituted Furo[2,3-c]quinolines”. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2013; 56, 6871-6885.
Harish Rajak, Kamlesh Raghuvanshi, Ravichandran Veerasamy, Prabodh Chander Sharma, Anshuman Dixit, Pradeep Mishra. “A Structural insight into Hydroxamic Acid Based Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors for the Presence of Anticancer Activity”. Current Medicinal Chemistry. 2013.
Dilnawaz F, Sahoo SK*: Enhanced accumulation of curcumin and temozolomide loaded magnetic nanoparticles executes profound cytotoxic effect in glioblastoma spheroid model. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 2013 Nov; 85(3):452-62.
Hermann PC, Trabulo SM, Sainz B Jr, Balic A, Garcia E, Hahn SA, Vandana M, Sahoo SK, Tunici P, Bakker A, Hidalgo M, Heeschen C.Multimodal Treatment Eliminates Cancer Stem Cells and Leads to Long-Term Survival in Primary Human Pancreatic Cancer Tissue Xenografts. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 18; 8(6):e66371.
Anne-Kathrin Gorny, Lilian T Kaufmann, Rajeeb K Swain and Herbert Steinbeisser. A secreted splice variant of the Xenopus frizzled-4 receptor is a biphasic modulator of Wnt signaling. Cell Communication and Signaling. 2013; 11:89
Panda S, Kar S, Choudhury R, Sharma S, Singh DV*. Development and evaluation of hexaplex PCR for rapid detection of methicillin, cadmium/zinc and antiseptic-resistant Staphylococci, with simultaneous identification of PVL-positive and -negative Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase negative Staphylococci. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 2014 Mar; 352(1):114-22.
Zhang J, Roberts AI*, Liu C, Ren G, Xu G, Zhang L, Devadas S*, Shi Y.A novel subset of helper T cells promotes immune responses by secreting GM-CSF. Cell Death and Differentiation. 2013 Dec; 20(12):1731-41.
Yoon J.H.+, Acharya N. +, Jeseong P., Debashree Basu, Prakash S. and Prakash L. Identification of two functional PCNA binding domains in human DNA polymerase κ (+ joint first author). Genes to Cells.2014; Vol. 19, July.
Priyadarshi S., Ray C. S., Panda, K. C., Desai, A., Nayak, S. R., Biswal, N. C. and Ramchander P. V*. Genetic Association and Gene Expression Profiles of TGFB1 and the Contribution of TGFB1 to Otosclerosis Susceptibility. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research.2013; 28: 2490–2497.
Dipak Kumar Sahoo, Shayan Sarkar, Sumita Raha, Joydeep Banerjee, Nrisingha Dey* and Indu B. Maiti* “Analysis of Dahlia mosaic virus full-length transcript promoter driven gene expression in transgenic plants”. Journal of Plant Molecular Biology Reporter.2014. (in Press).
Dipak Kumar Sahoo, Nrisingha Dey and Indu Bhushan Maiti. SiM24 Is a Novel Versatile Gene Expression Vector for Transient Assays As Well As Stable Expression of Foreign Genes in Plants. PLOS ONE .2014. (in Press)
Sefali Acharya, Soumika Sengupta, Sunita Patro, Sukumar Purohit, Sabindra Samal, Indu B. Maiti, Nrisingha Dey*. “Development of an intra-molecularly shuffled efficient chimeric plant promoter from plantinfecting Mirabilis mosaic virus promoter sequence”. Journal of Biotechnology.2014; 169: 103-11
Sefali Acharya, Rajiv Ranjan, Sitakanta Pattanaik, Indu B Maiti, Nrisingha Dey*. Efficient chimeric plant promoters derived from plant infecting viral promoter sequences. Planta. February 2014; 239: 381-396.
Ghosh Sekhar Jayadri, Chaudhuri Shubho, Dey Nrisingha, Pal Amita*. “Functional characterization of a serine-threonine protein kinase from Bambusa balcooa that implicates in cellulose overproduction and superior quality fiber formation”. BMC Plant Biology 2013;13:128.
Banerjee Joydeep; Sahoo Dipak K, Nrisingha Dey, Houtz Robert L; Indu Maiti. “An intergenic region shared by At4g35985 and At4g35987 in Arabidopsis thaliana is a tissue specific and stress inducible bidirectional promoter analyzed in transgenic Arabidopsis and tobacco plants”. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 19;8 (11):e7962
Joshi CS, Suryawanshi AR, Khan SA, Balasinor NH, Khole VV. Liprin α3: a putative estrogen regulated acrosomal protein. Histochemistry and Cell Biology. 2013 Apr; 139 (4):535-48.
Xue J, Ray R, Singer D, Böhme D, Burz DS, Rai V, Hoffmann R, Shekhtman A. The Receptor for Advanced Glycation End Products (RAGE) Specifically Recognizes Methylglyoxal-Derived AGEs. Biochemistry. 2014. [Epub ahead of print].
Sahu SK, Mohanty S, Kumar A, Kundu CN, Verma SC, Choudhuri T*. Epstein Barr virus nuclear antigen3C interacts with p73: interplay between a viral oncoprotein and cellular tumor suppressor. Virology. 2014 5th January; 448, 333–343
Sahu SK, Choudhuri T*. Lack of Association between Bax Promoter (-248G>A) Single Nucleotide Polymorphism and Susceptibility towards Cancer: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis. PLOS ONE. 2013 Oct 17;8(10):e77534
Siddharth S, Das D, Satapathy SR, Kundu CN ,Choudhuri T. Induction of Apoptosis by 4-(3-(tert-butylamino)imidazo[1,2-α]pyridine-2-yl) Benzoic Acid in Breast Cancer Cells via Upregulation of PTEN. Oncology Research. 2013;21(1):1-13.
Satapathy SR, Mohapatra P, Preet R, Das D, Sarkar B, Choudhuri T, Wyatt MD, Kundu CN. 1. Silver-based nanoparticles induce apoptosis in human colon cancer cells mediated through p53. Nanomedicine. 2013 Aug; 8(8):1307-22.
Mohapatra P, Preet R, Das D, Satapathy SR, Siddharth S, Choudhuri T, Wyatt MD, Kundu CN. The contribution of heavy metals in cigarette smoke condensate to malignant transformation of breast epithelial cells and in vivo initiation of neoplasia through induction of a PI3K-AKT-NFκB cascade. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2013 Oct 5.
Ravindran B.* Deworming conundrum: are we missing an undesirable dimension?. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 2013; 138:178-181.
#Pratheek BM, Soham Saha, Prasanta K. Maiti, Soma Chattopadhyay*, Subhasis Chattopadhyay*. Immune Regulation and Evasion of Host Cell Immunity during Viral Infection. Indian Journal of Virology. 2013.24(1):1-15.
Pratheek BM,Tapas K Nayak, Subhransu S. Sahoo, Prafulla K. Mohanty, Soma Chattopadhyay*, Ntiya G. Chakraborty*, Subhasis Chattopadhyay*. Mammalian Non-classical Major Histocompatibility Complex I and its receptors: Important contexts of Gene, Evolution and Immunity. Indian Journal of Human Genetics. (In press).
Gurung N, Ray S, Bose S*, Rai V*. A broader view: Microbial enzymes and their relevance in industries, medicine, and beyond. BioMed Research International. 2013;2013:329121.
Singh A, Sahoo SK*: Magnetic nanoparticles: a novel platform for cancer theranostics. Drug Discovery Today. 2013 (In press).
*- Corresponding Author.
# In Press last year, published this year.
Dilnawaz F, Sahoo SK. Nanotechnology based Ophthalmic Drug Delivery System. In: Focal Controlled Drug Delivery, (eds. Domb AJ and Khan W) Springer, 2013, pg. 225-242.
Singh DV, Bhotra T. 240-Cholera Disease. In: Reference Module in Biomedical Sciences, Michael Caplan (ed.), Elsevier Inc, San Diego, USA, 2014.
Senapati S, Singh RK and Batra SK. Tumor microenvironment: Blood vascular system in cancer metastasis. In: Systems Biology of Cancer, Editor: Sam Thiagalingam, Cambridge University Press London, 2014. (In Press).
Original peer-reviewed research articles
- Soni DK, Singh RK, Singh DV, Dubey SK (2013). Characterization of Listeria monocytogenes isolated from water of the River Ganga, human and milk in Varanasi, India. Infection, Genetics and Evolution; 14: 83-91. DOI: 10.1016/j.meegid.2012.09.019
- Kar Sarita, Panda Sasmita, Sharma Savitri, Singh DV, Das Sujata, Sahu SK, Das Taraprasad (2013). Comparison of type of species and antibacterial susceptibility profile of staphylococci isolated from normal healthy conjunctiva and ocular infections. Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology, (in press).
- Pranati Sar#, Dharmendra K Bhargava#, Debomita Sengupta#, Bandita Rath, Sanjib Chaudhary and Sandip K Mishra (2012) In Human Breast Cancer Cells TRβ Competes with ERα for Altering BCl2/Bax Ratio through SMP30-Mediated p53 Induction .J Cancer Sci Ther 4 (8) 227-234.
- Sanjib Chaudhary1, Aditya K. Panda1, D. R. Mishra and S. K. Mishra* (2013) Association of +331G/A PgR polymorphism with susceptibility to female reproductive cancer: Evidence from a meta-analysis, PLOS ONE 8(1): e53308.
- Agatheeswaran S, Singh S, Biswas S, Biswas G, Chandra Pattnayak N, Chakraborty S. (2012) BCR-ABL mediated repression of miR-223 results in the activation of MEF2C and PTBP2 in chronic myeloid leukemia. Leukemia (in Press).
- Nayak KB, Kuila N, Mohapatra AD, Panda AK, Chakraborty S. EVI1 targets ∆Np63 and upregulates the cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p21 independent of p53 to delay cell cycle progression and cell proliferation in colon cancer cells. International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology. (In Press).
- Sunil Kumar*, Rohit Farmer, Andrew P. Turnbull, Niraj Kanti Tripathy and Babu A. Manjasetty* (2012) Structural and functional conservation profiles of novel cathepsin L-like proteins identified in the Drosophila melanogaster genome, Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics (In Press; [Epub ahead of print] ). (* Corresponding authors).
- Indu Joshi, Sunil Kumar, Arminder Kaur, C.S. Mukhopadhyay and Dinesh Kumar (2012) Homology Modeling Of Buffalo (Bubalus Bubalis) Interferon-Tau Protein. American Journal of Bioinformatics, 1 (2): 79-86, 2012.
- Biswaranjan Paital, Sunil Kumar*, Rohit Farmer, Gagan Bihari Nityananda Chainy (2013) In silico prediction of 3D structure of Mn superoxide dismutase of Scylla serrata and its binding properties with inhibitors, Interdiscip Sci Comput Life Sci 2013 Mar; 5(1):69-76. doi: 10.1007/s12539-013-0150-4. (*corresponding author).
- Nayak KC (2013). Comparative genome sequence analysis of Sulfolobus acidocaldarius and 9 other isolates of its genus for factors influencing codon and amino acid usage. Gene; 513:163-173.
- Sablok G, Wu X, Kuo J, Nayak KC, Baev V, Varotto C, Zhou F (2013). Combinational effect of mutational bias and translational selection for translation efficiency in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) cv. Micro-Tom. Genomics; 101(5):290-5.
- Kumari P, Bandyopadhyay S, Das SK (2012) Microbacterium oryzae sp. nov., isolated from rice field. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. doi:10.1099/ijs.0.046870-0 .
- Bandyopadhyay S, Schumann P, Das SK. Pannonibacter indica sp. nov. (2013) a highly arsenate-tolerant bacterium isolated from a hot spring in India. Archives of Microbiology; 195: 1-8.
- Badhai J, Kumari P, Krishnan P, Ramamurthy T, Das SK. (2013) Presence of SXT integrating conjugative element in marine bacteria isolated from the mucus of the coral Fungia echinata from Andaman Sea. FEMS Microbiology Letters; 338: 118-123.
- Das SK (2012) Chakrabortty PK. Characterization of a (pckA) mutant of the non-nodulating bacterium Rhizobium pusense NRCPB10 induced by transposon Tn5 mutagenesis. 3Biotech.; 2:311-318.
- Mohanty C, Das M, Sahoo SK (2012) Sustained wound healing activity of curcumin loaded oleic acid based polymeric bandage in a rat model. Molecular Pharmaceutics; 9(10):2801-11.
- Vandana M, Sahoo SK (2012) Reduced Folate Carrier independent internalization of PEGylated Pemetrexed: A potential nanomedicinal approach for breast cancer therapy. Molecular Pharmaceutics; 9(10):2828-43.
- Mitra MK, Mohanty C, Harilal A, Maheswari UK, Sahoo SK, Subramanian K. (2012) A novel in vitro three dimensional retinoblastoma model for evaluating chemotherapeutic drugs. Molecular Vision; 18: 1361-78.
- Akhtar J, Vandana M, Dandapat J, Maiti P, Sahoo SK, Singh S (2012) PEGylation of an Osteoclast Inhibitory peptide: Suitable candidate for the treatment of Osteoporosis. International Journal of Pharmaceutics; 434(1-2):429-36.
- Priyadarshi S, Panda KC, Ray CS, Desai A, Nayak SR, Biswal NC, Ramchander PV (2013). Genetic association and gene expression analysis of TGFB1 contributes towards the susceptibility to otosclerosis. J Bone Miner Res. (In Press).
- Padma G, Ramchander PV, Nandur UV, Ravi Kumar K, Padma T (2012) Novel mutations affecting the secondary structure of MT-RNR1 gene: A causal relationship with profound nonsyndromic hearing impairment. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. Sep; 16(9):1092-7.
- Patro S, Maiti I B, Dey N (2013) Development of an efficient bi-directional promoter with tripartite enhancer employing three viral promoters. Journal of Biotechnology 163 311– 317.
- Suryawanshi AR, Khan SA, Joshi CS, Khole VV (2012) Epididymosome-mediated acquisition of MMSDH, an androgen-dependent and developmentally regulated epididymal sperm protein. J Androl.;33(5):963-74. Epub 2011 Dec 29.
- Joshi CS, Suryawanshi AR, Khan SA, Balasinor NH, Khole VV (2012) Liprin α3: a putative estrogen regulated acrosomal protein. Histochem Cell Biol. 2013 Apr;139(4):535-48. doi:10.1007/s00418-012-1044-y.
- Panda, A.K., Parida, J.R., Tripathy, R., Pattanaik, S.S., Ravindran, B., Das, B.K. (2012) Mannose binding lectin: a biomarker of systemic lupus erythematosus disease activity. Arthritis Res Ther.; 14, R218.
- Panda, A.K., Panda, M., Tripathy, R., Pattanaik, S.S., Ravindran, B., Das, B.K. (2012) Complement receptor 1 variants confer protection from severe malaria in odisha, India. PLoS One.; 7 (11): e49420.
- Panda, A.K., Parida, J.R., Tripathy, R., Pattanaik, S.S., Ravindran, B., Das, B.K. (2013) Low producer MBL genotypes are associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus in Odisha, India. Hum Immunol.; 74(1): 114-9.
- Panda, A.K., Ravindran, B., Das, B.K. (2013). Rheumatoid arthritis patients are free of filarial infection in an area where filariasis is endemic. (Comment) Arthritis Rheum. 2013; 65(5): 1402-3.
- Madhumita Panda, Prakash K.Sahoo, Alok Das Mohapatra, Soumya kanti Dutta, Pravat K.Thatoi, Rina Tripathy, Bidyut K.Das, Ashok K.Satpathy, Balchandran Ravindran (2013) Decreased prevalence of sepsis but not mild or severe P. falciparum malaria is associated with preexisting filarial infection. Parasites and Vectors, (In Press).
- Harish Rajak, Kamlesh Raghuvanshi, Ravichandran Veerasamy, Prabodh Chander Sharma, Anshuman Dixit, Pradeep Mishra (2013) “A Structural insight into Hydroxamic Acid Based Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors for the Presence of Anticancer Activity”, Curr. Pharm. Des., (In Press).
- Pabitra Mohan Behera, Deepak Kumar Behera, Aparajeya Panda, Anshuman Dixit, Payodhar Padhi (2013) “In Silico Expressed Sequence Tag (EST) Analysis in Identification of Probable Diabetic Genes as Virtual Therapeutic Targets”, BioMed Research International (In Press).
- Harish Rajak, P.K. Dewangan, V. Patel, D.K. Jain, A. Singh, R. Veerasamy, P. C. Sharma, Anshuman Dixit (2013) “Design of combretastatin A-4 analogs as tubulin targeted vascular disrupting agent with special emphasis on their cis-restricted isomers” Curr. Pharm. Des., 19, 1923-55.
- Sukhvir Chand, Nisha Mehta, Malkeet Singh Bahia, Anshuman Dixit, Om Silakari (2012) “Protein Kinase C-theta Inhibitors: A Novel Therapy for Inflammatory Disorders” Curr. Pharm. Des., (In Press).
- Deepak Kumar Behera, Pabitra Mohan Behera, Laxmikanta Acharya, Anshuman Dixit, Payodhar Padhi (2013) “In Silico Biology Of H1N1: Molecular Modelling Of Novel Receptors And Docking Studies Of Inhibitors To Reveal New Insight In Flu Treatment”, J. Biomed. Biotech., 2012, (In Press).
- S. Pati, S. Jain, M. Behera, A, P. Acharya, S. K. Panda∆, S. Senapati∆ (2013) X-Gal staining of canine skin tissues: a technique with multiple possible applications. Journal of Natural Science, Biology and medicine (In Press) (∆ Corresponding author)
Review articles: 2012-13
- Choudhury Ranginee, Panda Sasmita, Singh DV (2012) Emergence and dissemination of antibiotic resistance: a global problem. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology; 30(4):384-390.
- Sandip K. Mishra, Kanchan K. and Dharmendra K. Bhargava (2012).A Preliminary Review on EZH2 and its Epigenetic Association with Breast Cancer, Journal of Cancer Research Updates 1(2): 162-172.
- Sandip K. Mishra, Debomita Sengupta, Pranati Sar, Dharmendra K. Bhargava (2013) Molecular Basis of Aging and Breast Cancer, J Cancer Sci Ther. 5(2):069-074.
- Pratheek BM, Soham Saha, Prasanta K. Maiti, Soma Chattopadhyay, Subhasis Chattopadhyay. Immune Regulation and Evasion of Host Cell Immunity During Viral Infection. Indian Journal of Virology, 2013. 24(1):1–15, DOI 10.1007/s13337-013-0130-7.
- Mohanty C, Das M, Sahoo SK (2012) Emerging role of nanocarriers to increase the solubility and bioavailability of curcumin. Expert Opinion in Drug Delivery;9(11):1347-64.
- Parhi P, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK (2012) Nanotechnology based combinational drug delivery: An emerging approach for cancer therapy. Drug Discovery Today; 17(17/18): 1044-52.
- Senapati SΔ, Chakraborty S, Nath I, Panda SK, Patra RC and Batra SK (2012) Non- Human Prostate Cancer Cell Lines. Oncology, Gastroenterology and Hepatology reports.; 1(1):15-24 (Δ Corresponding author)
Book chapters: 2012-13
- Mohanty C, Vandana M, Singh A, Sahoo SK (2012) Nanomedicine: Emerging field of nanotechnology to human health. In: Nanotechnology in health care, Pan Stanford Publisher, (Ed. Sahoo SK) pg. 1-41.
- Das M, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK (2012) Nanotechnology for regenerative medicine. In: Nanotechnology in health care, Pan Stanford Publisher, (Ed. Sahoo SK) pg. 297-319.
- Dilnawaz F, Singh A, Sahoo SK (2012) Magnetic nanoparticles: A versatile system for therapeutics and imaging. In: Nanotechnology in health care, Pan Stanford Publisher, (Ed. Sahoo SK) pg. 215-236.
Patents filed/granted: 2012-13
- Dey N, Maiti S, Patro S (2012) A method for enhancing antimicrobial activity of plant and bacteria derived human beta defensin-1 (HBD-1) and human beta defensin-2 (HBD-2)” Application No. 1180/KOL/07 of August 27, 2007.
- Maiti IB, Dey N (2013) Unique nucleic acid promoter formed from two or more promoter sequences (U. S. Provisional Patent Application; Serial No. 61/819,017; dated 3 May 2013)
- Santosh Kumar Panda, Balachandran Ravindran, A novel method of isolation of tlr4 from cell lysates of monocular cells , Pub. No: WO/2013/038420, International Application No: PCT/IN2011/000780
- Panda SK, Kumar S, Tupperwar NC, Vaidya T, George A, Rath S, Bal V, Ravindran B (2012). Chitohexaose Activates Macrophages by Alternate Pathway through TLR4 and Blocks Endotoxemia. PLoS Pathogen. ; 8(5):e1002717.
- Pathak S, Rajeshwari K, Garg S, Rajagopal S, Patel K, Das B, Pied S, Ravindran B, Sharma S (2012) Plasmodium riboprotein PfP0 induces a deviant humoral immune response in Balb/c mice. Journal of Biomedicine Biotechnology. ; 2012:695843. Epub 2012 Jan 17.
- Panda AK, Panda SK, Sahu AN, Tripathy R, Ravindran B, Das BK (2011) Association of ABO blood group with severe falciparum malaria in adults: case control study and meta-analysis. Malaria Journal. 19; 10:309.
- Mohapatra AD, Kumar S, Satapathy AK, Ravindran B (2011) Caspase dependent programmed cell death in developing embryos: a potential target for therapeutic intervention against pathogenic nematodes. PLoS Neglected Tropical Disease.; 5(9):e1306.
- Panda AK, Sahoo PK, Kerketta AS, Kar SK, Ravindran B, Satapathy AK (2011) Human lymphatic filariasis: genetic polymorphism of endothelin-1 and tumor necrosis factor receptor II correlates with development of chronic disease. Journal of Infectious Disease. 15; 204(2):315-22.
- Khare A, Viswanathan B, Gund R, Jain N, Ravindran B, George A, Rath S,Bal V. Role of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase in macrophage apoptosis, Apoptosis. 2011 Apr; 16(4):334-46.
- Vineeta Raia1 and Nrisingha Dey (2012) “Identification of programmed cell death related genes in bamboo” Gene 497; 243-248.
- Rajiv Ranjan, Sunita Patro, Bhubaneswar Pradhan, Alok Kumar, Indu B Maiti Nrisingha Dey (2012) “Development and Functional Analysis of Novel Genetic Promoters Using DNA Shuffling, Hybridization and a Combination Thereof” PLoS ONE; Volume 7, Issue 3, e31931.
- Deepak kumar, Sunita Patro, Jayshis Ghosh, Abhimanyu Das, Indu B. Maiti, Nrisingha Dey (2012) “Development of salicylic acid inducible minimal sub-genomic transcript promoter from Figwort mosaic virus with enhanced root- and leaf- activity using TGACG motif rearrangement” Gene (In press).
- Sunita Patro, Deepak Kumar, Rajiv Ranjan, Indu B. Maiti, Nrisingha Dey (2012) “The Development of Efficient Plant Promoters for Transgene Expression Employing Plant Virus Promoters” Molecular Plant; doi: 10.1093/mp/sss028).
- Rajiv Ranjan and Nrisingha Dey (2012) “Development of Vascular Tissue and Stress Inducible Hybrid Synthetic Promoters Through Dof-1 Motifs Rearrangement” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics (in press).
- Deepak Kumar, Sunita Patro, Rajiv Ranjan, Dipak K Sahoo, Indu B. Maiti, Nrisingha Dey (2011) “Development of useful recombinant promoter and its expression analysis in different plant cell using Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy” PLoS ONE 6 (9); doi:10.1371/journal. Pone. 0024627.
- Biswaranjan Paital, Sunil Kumar, Rohit Farmer, Gagan Bihari Nityananda Chainy (2012) In silico prediction of 3D structure of Mn superoxide dismutase of Scylla serrata and its binding properties with inhibitors, Interdisciplinary Science: Computational Life Science (In Press).
- Biswaranjan Paital, Sunil Kumar, Rohit Farmer, Niraj Kanti Tripathy, Gagan Bihari Nityananda Chainy (2011) In silico prediction and characterization of 3D structure and binding properties of catalase from the commercially important crab, Scylla serrata. Interdisciplinary Science: Computational Life Science 3: 110-120.
- Subrata K. Das and P.K.Chakrabortty (2012) Characterization of a (pckA) mutant of the non-nodulating bacterium Rhizobium pusense NRCPB10 induced by transposon Tn5 mutagenesis. 3Biotech. DOI: 10.1007/s13205-012-0057-5.
- Digvijay Panday, Peter Schumann and Subrata K. Das (2011) Rhizobium pusense sp. nov., isolated from rhizosphere of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L). International Journal of Systematic Evolutionary Microbiology. 61: 2632-2639.
- Madhuban Gopal, Debashis Dutta, Sunil Kumar Jha, Shobhita Kalra, Saumya Bandyopadhyay and Subrata K Das (2011) Biodegradation of imidacloprid and metribuzin by Burkholderia cepacia strain CH9. Pesticide Research Journal 23: 36-40.
- Mohapatra SS, Mantri CK, Fazil MHUT, Singh DV (2011) Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor strains isolated in 1992 from Varanasi, India harbored El Tor CTX? and classical ctxB on the chromosome-I and classical CTX? and classical ctxB on the chromosome-II. Environmental Microbiology Reports 2011; 2(6), 783-790. doi:10.1111/j.1758-2229.2011.00287.x
- Turabe Fazil MHU, Kumar Sunil, Former Rohit, Pandey HP, Singh DV (2012) Binding efficiencies of carbohydrate ligands with different genotypes of cholera toxin B: molecular modeling, dynamics and docking simulation studies. Journal of Molecular Modeling 2012; 18(1), 1-10. DOI 10.1007/s00894-010-0947-6.
- Fazil MHUT, Kumar Sunil, Subba Rao N, Selvaraj C, Singh SK, Pandey HP, Singh DV (2012) Comparative structural analysis of two proteins belonging to quorum sensing system in Vibrio cholerae. Journal of Bimolecular Structure and Design, 2012, in press.
- Isac Sree Renjini, Nair, GB, Singh DV (2011). Purification and characterization of cytotoxin produced by a clinical isolate of Vibrio cholerae O54 TV113. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, (In press).
- Fazil MHUT and Singh DV (2011). Vibrio cholerae infection, novel drug targets and phage therapy. Future Microbiology 2011; 6(10:1199-1208.
- Alison Swaims, Hsin-Ching Lin, Peter Simon, Celine Granier, Yingyu Zhang, Arthur Roberts, Satish Devadas, Yufang Shi, Arnold B Rabson (2011) Activation of HTLV-1 expression in chronically-infected CD4+ T cells: mechanisms and implications for pathogenesis. Retrovirology. 2011; 8(Suppl 1): A6. Published online 2011 June 6. doi: 10.1186/1742-4690-8-S1-A6
- Pradhan AK, Mohapatra AD, Nayak KB, Chakraborty S (2011) Acetylation of the Proto-Oncogene EVI1 Abrogates Bcl-xL Promoter Binding and Induces Apoptosis. PLoS One, 2011; 6(9):e25370.
- Suryawanshi AR, Khan SA, Joshi CS, Khole VV (2011) Epididymosome Mediated Acquisition of MMSDH an Androgen Dependent and Developmentally Regulated Epididymal Sperm Protein. Journal of Andrology. [Epub ahead of print]
- Suryawanshi AR, Khan SA, Gajbhiye RK, Gurav MY, Khole VV (2011) Differential proteomics leads to identification of domain-specific epididymal sperm proteins. Journal of Andrology. ; 32(3):240-59.
- Khan SA, Jadhav SV, Suryawanshi AR, Bhonde GS, Gajbhiye RK, Khole VV (2011) Evaluation of contraceptive potential of a novel epididymal sperm protein SFP2 in a mouse model. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. ; 66(3):185-98
- Gajbhiye RK, Sonawani A, Khan SA, Suryawanshi AR, Kadam S, Warty N, Raut V, Khole VV (2012). Identification and validation of novel serum markers for early diagnosis of endometriosis. Human reproduction. 2012 Feb; 27(2):408-17.
- *Kundu P, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK (2012) Antiglioma activity of curcumin loaded lipid nanoparticles and its enhanced bioavailability in brain tissue for effective glioblastoma therapy, Acta Biomaterialia.
- Das M, Sahoo SK (2012) Folate decorated curcumin loaded nanoparticles reverses multidrug resistance and enhances therapeutic potential of nutlin-3a in retinoblastoma, Plos One ; 7(3): e32920.
- Dilnawaz F, Singh A, Mewar S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Sahoo SK (2012) The transport of non-surfactant based paclitaxel loaded magnetic nanoparticles across the blood brain barrier in a rat model. Biomaterials; 33(10): 2936-51.
- Dilnawaz F, Singh A, Sahoo SK (2012) Transferrin conjugated curcumin loaded superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles induce augmented cellular uptake and apoptosis in K562 cells. Acta Biomaterials ; 8(2): 704-719.
- Singh A, Dilnawaz F, Sahoo SK (2011) Long circulating lectin conjugated paclitaxel loaded magnetic nanoparticles: a new theranostic avenue for leukemia therapy. PLoS One; 6(11): e26803.
- Parveen S, Sahoo SK (2011) Long circulating chitosan/PEG blended PLGA nanoparticle for tumor drug delivery, European Journal of Pharmacology; 670(2-3): 372-83.
- Devilakshmi S, Palanivelu S, Krishnakumar S, Sahoo SK, Verma RS (2011) Monoclonal antibody for specific targeting of Ep-CAM in various carcinomas. Hybridoma 30(6): 511-518.
- Mitra M, Misra R, Sarkar S, Krishnakumar S, Sahoo SK (2011) EpCAM Targeted delivery of drug loaded nano conjugate in retinoblastoma. Molecular Vision; 17: 2724-2737.
- Parhi P, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK (2011) Oral delivery and enhanced in vivo pharmacokinetics of rapamycin loaded nanoparticles for pancreatic cancer therapy. Actabiomateriala ; 7(10): 3656-69.
- Behera T, Swain P, Sahoo SK, Mohapatra D, Das BK (2011) Immunostimulatory effect of Curcumin in fish, Labio rohita. Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources ; 2(2): 184-188.
- Arya G, Vandana M, Acharaya S, Sahoo SK (2011) Enhanced Antiproliferative Activity of Herceptin (HER 2) – conjugated Gemcitabine loaded chitosan nanoparticle in pancreatic cancer therapy. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine; 7(6): 859-70.
- Misra R and Sahoo SK (2011) Simultaneous modulation of nuclear efflux and drug resistance by curcumin in dual drug loaded nanoparticles enhances the anticancer efficacy of doxorubicin in K562 cells. Molecular Pharmaceutics; 8(3): 852-66.
- Misra R and Sahoo SK (2011) Antibacterial activity of doxycycline-loaded nanoparticles, Methods in Enzymology ; 509: 61-85.
- Parveen S, Misra R, Sahoo SK (2012) Nanoparticles: A Boon to Drug Delivery, Therapeutics, Diagnostics and Imaging. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine 2012; 8(2): 147-66.
- Sar P, Peter R, Rath B, Mohapatra AD and Mishra SK (2011) 3, 3’5 Triiodo L Thyronine Induces Apoptosis in Human Breast Cancer MCF-7cells, Repressing SMP30 Expression through Negative Thyroid Response Elements. PLoS One, 6(6): e20861. Epub 2011 Jun 7.
- Pranati Sar1a, Dharmendra K Bhargava1a, Debomita Sengupta1a, Bandita Rath 1, Sanjib Chaudhary1 and Sandip K Mishra1* In Human Breast Cancer Cells TRß Competes with ERa for Altering Bcl2/Bax ratio through SMP30-Mediated P53 Induction. Journal of Cancer Science & Therapy. * Corresponding Author (2012) (In Press), a: Equal Authors.
- Adyasha Bharati, Manoranjan Kar and Surendra Chandra Sabat (2012) Artemisinin inhibits chloroplast electron transport activity: mode of action. PLoS One (In Press).
- Kinshuk Chandra Nayak (2011) Comparative study on factors influencing the codon and amino acid usage in Lactobacillus sakei 23K and 13 other lactobacilli. Molecular Biology Reports. DOI: 10.1007/s11033-011-0768-4.
- Gaurav Sablok, Kinshuk Chandra Nayak, Franck Vazquez, Tatiana V. Tatarinova. (2011). Synonymous codon usage, GC3 and Evolutionary patterns across plastomes of three pooid model species – Emerging grass genome models for monocots. Molecular Biotechnology. DOI 10.1007/s12033-011-9383-9.
- Panda AK, Sahoo PK, Kerketta AS, Kar SK, Ravindran B, Satapathy AK. Human Lymphatic Filariasis: genetic polymorphism of endothelin-1 and tumor necrosis factor receptor II correlates with development of chronic disease. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2011 Jul; 204(2):315-22.
- Alok Das Mohapatra, Sunil Kumar, A.K. Satapathy and B. Ravindran. Caspase dependent Programmed Cell Death in Developing Embryos: a Potential Target for Therapeutic Intervention against Pathogenic Nematodes. PLos Neglected Tropical Diseases, 2011 (In Press).
- Khare A, Viswanathan B, Gund R, Jain N, Ravindran B, George A, Rath S, Bal V. Role of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase in macrophage apoptosis. Apoptosis. 2010 16(4):334-46.
- Mantri CK, Mohapatra SS, Singh DV Effect of storage and sodium chloride on excision of CTX? or pre-CTX? and CTX? from Vibrio cholerae O139 strains. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 2010; 10: 925-930.
- Turabe Fazil MHU, Bhanumathi R, Pandey HP, Singh DV. Characterization of Vibrio cholerae O139 belonging to multiple ribotypes and isolated from diarrhoeal patients in Kerala, southern India. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 2011; 11: 454-459 DOI: 10.1016/j.meegid.2010.12.008.
- Turabe Fazil MHU, Kumar Sunil, Former Rohit, Pandey HP, Singh DV. Binding efficiencies of carbohydrate ligands with different genotypes of cholera toxin B: molecular modeling, dynamics and docking simulation studies. Journal of Molecular Modeling 2011; in press.
- Choudhuri T, Murakami M, Kaul R,. Sahu SK, Mohanty S, Verma SC, Kumar P and Robertson ES. Nm23-H1 can induce cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in B cells. Cancer Biology & Therapy 9:12, 1-14; June 15, 2010.
- Preet R, Mohapatra P, Mohanty S, Sahu SK, Choudhuri T, Wyatt MD, Kundu CN.Quinacrine has anti-cancer activity in breast cancer cells through inhibition of topoisomerase activity. Int J Cancer. 2011 May 4. [Epub ahead of print].
- Madhuban Gopal, Debashis Dutta, Sunil Kumar Jha, Shobhita Kalra, Saumya Bandyopadhyay and Subrata K Das. Biodegradation of imidacloprid and metribuzin by Burkholderia cepacia strain CH9. Pesticide Research Journal. (In press).
- Digvijay Panday, Peter Schumann and Subrata K. Das. 2011. Rhizobium pusense sp. nov., isolated from rhizosphere of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L). Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. (In Press).
- Madhuban Gopal, Ekta Mishra, Subrata K Das, S.C. Chatterjee, U.R. Sangle and O.M. Bambawale. 2010. Growth inhibition of different pathogenic fungi by 8 actinomycetes and its identification by 16S rRNA. Indian Phytopathology.63: 137- 140.
- Kunwar Digvijay Narayan, Shachindra K Pandey and Subrata K. Das. 2010. Characterization of Comamonas thiooxidans sp. nov and the comparison of thiosulfate oxidation with Comamonas testosteroni and Comamonas composti. Current Microbiology. 61: 248-253.
- Rajiv Ranjan, Sunita Patro, Sangeeta Kumari, Deepak Kumar, Indu B. Maiti, Nrisingha Dey (2011) “Efficient chimeric promoters derived from full-length and subgenomic transcript promoters of Figwort mosaic virus (FMV)”. Journal of Biotechnology 152 (2011) 58-62.
- Vineeta Rai, Jayadri Sekhar Ghosh, Amita Pal, Nrisingha Dey (2011) Identification of genes involved in bamboo fiber development. Gene 478 (2011) 19-27.
- Kirti Mishra, Aditya P. Dash, Nrisingha Dey (2011) Andrographolide: a novel antimalarial diterpene lactone compound from Andrographis paniculata and its interaction with curcumin and artesunate. Journal of Tropical Medicine (in Press).
- Pradhan AK, Kuila N, Singh S, Chakraborty S.EVI1 up-regulates the stress responsive gene SIRT1 which triggers deacetylation and degradation of EVI1.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011 Apr-Jun; 1809(4-6):269-75.
- Sarbari Acharya and Sanjeeb K Sahoo: “Sustained targeting of BCR-ABL+ leukemia cells by synergistic action of dual drug loaded nanoparticle: An implication for leukemia therapy” Biomaterial, 2011.
- Abhalaxmi Singh, Fahima Dilnawaz and Sanjeeb K Sahoo: Magnetic polymeric nanoparticles for targeted and controlled co-delivery of hydrophobic and hydrophilic drugs in cancer therapy. Submitted to ACS Applied Material and Interface. 2011, (Press).
- T. Behera, P. Swain and S. K. Sahoo: Antigen in chitosan coated liposomes enhances immune responses through parenteral immunization. International Immunopharmacology. 2011, (Press).
- Moutushy Mitra, Fahima Dilnawaz, Ranjita Misra, Sharmila Sarkar, S. Krishnakumar and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo, Toxicogenomics of nanoparticulate delivery of etoposide: Potential impact on nanotechnology in retinoblastoma therapy. Cancer Nano, 2011, (Press).
- Manasi Das, Fahima Dilnawaz and Sanjeeb K Sahoo, Targeted nutlin-3a loaded nanoparticles inhibiting p53-MDM2 interaction: Novel strategy for breast cancer therapy. Nanomedicine, 2011.
- Manasi Das and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo: Epithelial cell adhesion molecule targeted nutlin- 3a loaded immunonanoparticles for cancer therapy. Acta Biomater. (1):355-69. 2011.
- Suphiya Parveen and Sanjeeb K Sahoo: “Evaluation of Cytotoxicity and Mechanism of Apoptosis of Doxorubicin using Folate Decorated Chitosan Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery to Retinoblastoma” Cancer Nano (1) 47-62, 2011.
- Mallaready Vandana and Sanjeeb K Sahoo: “The enhance apoptotic effect of PEGylated Gemcitabine in Pancreatic Cancer cells: Synthesis and in vitro Studies” Biomaterials, 31, 9340-9356, 2010.
- Mohanty C and Sahoo S.K : Nano CUR: A novel aqueous formulation with enhanced in vivo bioavailability of curcumin for cancer therapy. Biomaterials, 31(25), 6597- 611, 2010.
- Ramchander PV, Panda KC, Panda AK: Mutations in the Connexin 29 Gene are not a Major cause of Non-syndromic Hearing Impairment in India. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers. 2010; 14: 539-541.
- Saurabh Priyadarshi, Panda KC, Panda AK, Ramchander PV: Lack of association between the SNP rs3914132 of RELN gene and otosclerosis in India. Genet. Mol. Res. 2010; 9: 1914-1920.
- Padma G, Ramchander PV, Nandur UV, Padma T. A rare event of maternal UPD in a proband with congenital non-syndromic hearing impairment with homozygosity forgjb2 p.w24x mutation. Int. J. Genet. Mol. Biol. 2010; 2: 126-129.
- Suryawanshi AR, Khan SA, Gajbhiye RK, Gurav MY, Khole VV. Differential proteomics leads to identification of domain-specific epididymal sperm proteins. J Androl. 2011; 32(3):240-59.
- Khan SA, Jadhav SV, Suryawanshi AR, Bhonde GS, Gajbhiye RK, Khole VV. Evaluation of Contraceptive Potential of a Novel Epididymal Sperm Protein SFP2 in a Mouse Model. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2011. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0897.2011.01030.x. [Epub ahead of print].
- Chinmayee Mohapatra, Hirak Kumar Barman, Rudra Prasanna Panda, Sunil Kumar, Varsha Das, Ramya Mohanta, Shibani Mohapatra, Pallipuram Jayasankar (2010) Cloning of cDNA and prediction of peptide structure of plzf expressed in the spermatogonial cells of Labeo rohita, Mar. Genomics, doi: 10.1016/j.margen.2010.09.002. (Elsevier publication).
- Biswaranjan Paital, Sunil Kumar, Rohit Farmer, Niraj Kanti Tripathy, Gagan Bihari Nityananda Chainy (2011) In silico prediction and characterization of 3D structure and binding properties of catalase from the commercially important crab, Scylla. Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences (Accepted).
- Kinshuk Chandra Nayak. Comparative study on factors influencing the codon and amino acid usage in Lactobacillus sakei 23K and 13 other lactobacilli. Molecular Biology Reports .2011, DOI: 10.1007/s11033-011-0768-4.
- Gaurav Sablok, Kinshuk Chandra Nayak, Franck Vazquez, Tatiana V.Tatarinova. Synonymous codon usage, GC3 and Evolutionary patterns across plastomes of three pooid model species – Emerging grass genome models for 10 monocots. Molecular Biotechnology.2011.DOI 10.1007/s12033-011-9383- 9.
- Bijay Misra, Chittaranjan Panda, Haribhakti Seba Das, Kinshuk Chandra Nayak, Shivaram Prasad Singh. STUDY ON AWARENESS ABOUTHEPATITIS B VIRAL INFECTION IN COASTAL EASTERN INDIA. Hepatitis B Annual 2011.6:19-28. (DOI:10.4103/0972-9747.76902).
- Alison Y. Swaims, Francesca Khani, Yingyu Zhang, Arthur I. Roberts, Satish Devadas, Yufang Shi, Arnold B. Rabson (2010). Immune activation induces immortalization of HTLV-1 LTR-Tax transgenic CD4+ T cells. Blood. 2010 October 21; 116(16): 2994-3003. Prepublished online 2010 July 15. doi: 10.1182/blood-2009-07-231050.
- Alison Y Swaims, Celine Granier, Francesca Khani, Yingyu Zhang, Arthur I Roberts, Satish Devadas, Yufang Shi, Arnold B Rabson (2009). Modeling HTLV-lymphomagenesis: immune activation induces immortalization and leukemogenicity of HTLV-1 LTR-Tax transgenic CD4+T-cells. Retrovirology; 6(Suppl 2): P73. Published online 2009 September 24. doi: 10.1186/1742-4690-6-S2-P73.
Patents filed / granted
- Sahoo SK and Chandana Mohanty. A process for preparing curcumin encapsulated chitosan-Alginate sponge useful for wound healing. Indian Patent Application No 1189/KOL/2010 of 27/10/2010, International PCT Application No. PCT/IN2010/000813 Dt. 22.12.2010.
- Sahoo SK and Vandana M. A water soluble PEGylated pemetraxed and a process for the same. Indian Patent Application No 1405/KOL/2010 of 13/12/2010.
- Sahoo SK and Chandana Mohanty. A novel water soluble curcumin loaded nanoparticulate system for cancer therapy. Indian Patent Application No. 164/KOL/2010 of 22.02.2010, International PCT Application No. PCT/IN2010/000618 of 14.09.2010.
- Sahoo SK, Priyambada Pardhi and Chandana Mohanty: Drug delivery formulation of rapamycin in the form of polymeric nanoparticles. Indian Patent Application No- 8/KOL/2011 of 04.01.2011.
- Sahoo SK and Vandana M: A water soluble polymeric drug formulation and a process for the same. Indian Patent Application No 77/KOL/2011 of 20/1/2011, International PCT Application No. PCT/IN2011/000214.
- Mand S, Pfarr K, Sahoo PK, Satapathy AK, Specht S, Klarmann U, Debrah AY, Ravindran B, Hoerauf A. Macrofilaricidal activity and amelioration of lymphatic pathology in bancroftian filariasis after 3 weeks of doxycycline followed by single-dose diethylcarbamazine. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009 Oct; 81(4):702-11.
- *Mohanty A, Swain S, Singh DV, Mahapatra N, Kar SK, Hazra RK. A unique methodology for detecting the spread of chloroquine-resistant strains of Plasmodium falciparum, in previously unreported area, by analyzing anophelines of malaria endemic zones of Orissa, India. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 2009; 9:462-467.
- Mohapatra SS, Mantri CK, Mohapatra Harapriya, Colwell RR, Singh DV Analysis of clonally related environmental Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor isolated before 1992 from Varanasi, India reveals origin of SXT-ICEs belonging to O139 and O1 serogroups. Environmental Microbiology Reports 2010; 2(1): 50-57.
- Mantri CK, Mohapatra SS, Colwell RR, Singh DV. Sequence analysis of Vibrio cholerae orfU and zot from pre-CTXΦ and CTXΦ reveals multiple origin of pre-CTXΦ and CTXΦ. Environmental Microbiology Reports 2010; 2(1): 67-75.
- Turabe Fazil MHU, Kumar Sunil, Subbarao N, Pandey HP, Singh DV. Homology modeling of a sensor histidine kinase from Aeromonas hydrophila, Journal of Molecular Modeling 2010; (16(5): 1003-1009.
- Yi F, Saha A, Murakami M, Kumar P, Knight JS, Cai Q, Choudhuri T, Robertson ES (2009) Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 3C targets p53 and modulates its transcriptional and apoptotic activities. Virology, Jun 5;388(2):236-47.
- Choudhuri T, Murakami M, Kaul R,. Sahu SK, Mohanty S, Verma SC, Kumar P and Robertson ES. Nm23-H1 can induce cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in B cells Cancer Biology & Therapy 9:12, 1-14; June 15, 2010.
- Sahu G.K. Kar M.K. Sabat S.C. Alteration in phosphate uptake potential of wheat plants co-cultivated with salicylic acid. Journal of Plant Physiology (20 167, 326-328.
- Sahu Sushmita, Das Priyanka, Ray Mamata, Sabat S. C. Osmolyte modulated enhanced rice leaf catalase activity under salt-stress. Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology 2010 doi:10.4236/abb.2010.11006 published Online April (http://www.SciRP.org/journal/abb/).
- Bharati Adyasha, Sabat S. C. A spectrophotometric assay for quantification of artemisinin. Talanta (2010) (in Press).
- Kunwar Digvijay Narayan, Shachindra K Pandey and Subrata K. Das*. 2010. Characterization of Comamonas thiooxidans sp. nov and the comparison of thiosulfate oxidation with Comamonas testosteroni and Comamonas composti. Current Microbiology. (In Press).
- Subrata K. Das*, Uma Shankar Gautam, Kiran V Sandhu, Saumya Bandyopadhyay, Pran K Chakrabartty and Aqbal Singh. 2010. Mutation in the lysA gene impairs the symbiotic properties of Mesorhizobium ciceri. Archives of Microbiology. 192: 69-77.
- V. Jyoti, Kunwar Digvijay Narayan and Subrata K. Das*. 2010. Gulbenkiania indica sp. nov., isolated from a sulfur spring in Orissa, India. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 60: 1052 – 1055.
- Digvijay Panday and Subrata K. Das*. 2010. Chelatococcus sambhunathii sp. nov., a moderately thermophilic alphaproteobacterium isolated from a hot spring sediment. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 60: 861-865.
- Dipak K. Sahoo, Rajiv Ranjan, Deepak Kumar, Alok Kumar, Bhabani S. Sahoo, Sumita Raha, Indu B Maiti, Nrisingha Dey (2009) Analternative method of promoter assessment by confocal laser scanning microscopy. J. Virol. Methods, doi:10.1016/j.jviromet.2009.06.01
- Samik Bhattacharyya, Jayadri S. Ghosh, Dipak K. Sahoo, Nrisingha Dey, Amita Pal (2009) Screening of superior fiber-quality-traits among wild accessions of Bambusa balcooa : Efficient and non-invasive evaluation of fiber developmental stages. Annals of Forest Science (in Press).
- Kirti Mishra, Dipjyoti Chakraborty, Amita Pal, Nrisingha Dey (2010) Plasmodium falciparum: In vitro interaction of quassin and neo-quassin with artesunate, a hemisuccinate derivative of artemisinin. Experimental Parasitology doi:10.1016/j.exppara.2009.12.007.
- Vineeta Rai, Jayadri Sekhar Ghosh, Nrisingha Dey (2010) Isolation of total RNA from hard bamboo tissue rich in polyphenols and polysaccharides for gene expression studies. Electronic J. Biotechnology (in Press).
- Sahu BB, Shaw BP. Isolation, identification and expression analysis of salt-induced genes in Suaeda maritima, a natural halophyte using PCR-based suppression subtractive hybridization. BMC Plant Biology, 9:69, 2009; doi: 10.1186/1471-2229-9-69i.
- Kumar S, Sahu BB, Tripathy NK, Shaw BP. In Silico Identification of Putative Proton Binding Sites of a Plasma Membrane H+-ATPase Isoform of Arabidopsis Thaliana, AHA1. J Proteomics Bioinform, 2009, 2: 349-359. doi:10.4172/jpb.1000095.
- Manjasetty BA, Kumar S, Turnbull AP and Tripathy NK (2009). Homology Modeling and Analysis of Human Disease Proteins: Structural Investigations of Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond Syndrome (SBDS) model through Bioinformatics Approach InterJRI Science and Technology, Vol. 1, Issue 2, 97-104.
- Mallik S, Nayak M, Sahu BB, Panigrahi AK, Shaw BP. Response of antioxidant enzymes to high Na+ concentration in taxonomically and morphologically diverse salt-tolerant plants. Biologia Plantarum (In Press).
- Misra R, Acharya S, Dilnawaz F and Sahoo S. K: Sustained antibacterial activity of Doxycycline loaded poly (D, L-lactide-co-glycolide) and poly epsilon caprolactone nanoparticles. Nanomedicine, 4(5), 519-530, 2009.
- Acharya S, Dilnawaz F and Sahoo S.K: Targeted EGFR-nanoparticle bioconjugates for breast cancer therapy. Biomaterials, 1-14, 2009.
- Vandana M and Sahoo S. K: Optimization of parameters influencing the fabrication of protein loaded chitosan nanoparticles. Nanomedicine, 4(7), 373-385, 2009.
- Mohanty C, Acharya S, Mohanty A.K, Dilnawaz F, and Sahoo S.K: Curcumin encapsulated MePEG/ PCL block copolymeric micelles: A novel controlled delivery vehicle for cancer therapy. Nanomedicine, 5(3), 433-449, 2010.
- Misra R and Sahoo S.K: Intracellular trafficking of nuclear localization signal conjugated nanoparticles for cancer therapy. European J of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 39, 152-163, 2010.
- Behera T, Nanda P K, Mohanty C, Mohapatra D, Swain P, Das B K, Routray P, Mishra B K and Sahoo S K: Parenteral immunization of fish, Labeo rohita with Poly D, L-lactide-co-glycolic acid (PLGA) encapsulated antigen microparticles promotes innate and adaptive immune responses. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 28, 320-325, 2010.
- Dilnawaz F, Singh A, Mohanty C, Sahoo S.K: Targeted dual drug loaded superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for cancer therapy, Biomaterials, 31, 3694-3706, 2010.
- Mohanty A.K., Dilnawaz F and Sahoo S.K: Etoposide loaded amphiphillic block copolymeric micelles composed of methoxy poly (ethylene glycol) and poly (ε-caprolactone) as a novel drug delivery vehicle for cancer therapy. Drug Delivery, 17(5), 1-13, 2010.
- Parveen S, Mitra M, Krishnakumar S and Sahoo S.K: Enhanced Antiproliferative Activity of Carboplatin loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles in Retinoblastoma Cell Line, Acta Biomaterialia (Press).
- Ramchander PV, Panda KC and Panda AK: Mutations in the Connexin 29 Gene are not a Major cause of Non-syndromic Hearing Impairment in India. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers. (in press).
- Padma G, Ramchander PV, Nandur UV, Padma T. GJB2 and GJB6 gene mutations found in Indian probands with congenital hearing impairment. J. Genet 2009; 88: 267–272.
*: In press last year, published this year
Patents filed / granted
- Sahoo S. K, F Dilnawaz and A Singh: A methord for preparing a water dispersible magnetic nanoparticle formulation and use the same. Indian Patent Application No 779/KOL/2009 of 21/5/2009 and International PCT Application No.PCT/IN09/000639 of 12/11/2009.
- Sahoo SK and Chandana Mohanty: A novel water soluble curcumin loaded nanoparticulate system for cancer therapy. Indian Patent Application No 164/KOL/2010 of 22/2/2010.
- Ravindran B. and Alok Das Mohapatra : A High Throughput Method for Detecting Apoptosis of Embryonic Stages of Metazoan Helminthic Parasities. Indian Patent Application No.1145/KOL/2009 of 11/09/2009.
- N. Dey, Rajiv Ranjan, Alok Kumar and Indu B. Maiti : Novel Sub-genomic Transcript Promoter DNA Fragments and a method for obtaning Sub-geNomic Promoter DNA Fragments from Figwort Mosiac Virus. Indian Patent Application No.741/KOL/09 of 28.04.2009.
- N. Dey, Deepak Kumar, D.K. Sahoo and Indu B. Maiti : A Novel Pararetrovirus based Hybrid Promoter DNA Fragment. Indian Patent Application No741/KOL/09 of 15.05.2009
- Gopal M, Jha SK, Niwas R, Shukla L, Das SK. Degradation of cypermethrin by Pseudomonas stutzeri. Pesticide Research Journal 2008;20:275-278. (IF:2.0, NAAS).
- **Horning JL, Sahoo SK, Vijayaraghavalu SS Dimitrijevic , Vasir JK, Jain TK , Panda AK, Labhasetwar V. 3-D Tumor model for in vitro evaluation of anticancer drugs. Molecular Pharmacokinetics 2008, in press. (IF: 3.5).
- Kuila N, Dash N, Sahoo DP, Pattnayak NC, Biswas G, Chakraborty S. Presence of a new BCR-ABL kinase domain mutation, C330G in an imatinib naïve patient with chronic myeloid leukemia; Very low prevalence of BCR-ABL kinase domain mutations in chronic myeloid leukemia patients from eastern India. Leukemia Lymphoma 2009; in press. (IF:1.51).
- *Kuila N, Sahoo DP, Kumari M, Biswas S, Patnaik RS, Pattnayak NC, Biswas G, Chakraborty S. EVI1, BAALC and AME: Prevalence of the secondary mutations in chronic and accelerated phases of chronic myeloid leukemia patients from eastern India. Leukemia Res 2008;33:594-596. (IF: 2.56).
- Mishra K, Dash AP, Swain BK, Dey N. Anti-malarial activities of Andrographis paniculata and Hedyotis corymbosa extracts and their combination with curcumin. Malaria Journal 2009; 8:26 doi:10.1186/1475-2875-8-26 (IF:2.47).
- Mohanty A, Swain S, Singh DV, Mahapatra N, Kar SK, Hazra RK. A unique methodology for detecting the spread of chloroquine-resistant strains of Plasmodium falciparum, in previously unreported area, by analyzing anophelines of malaria endemic zones of Orissa, India. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 2009; in press. (IF: 2.407).
- Mohapatra SS, Ramachandran D, Mantri CK, Colwell RR, Singh DV. Determination of relationships among non-toxigenic Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor strains from housekeeping gene sequences and ribotype patterns. Research in Microbiology 2009; 160:57-62. (IF: 2.219).
- *Mondal P, Ray M, Sahu S, Sabat SC. Co-expression of GroEL/ES enhances the expression of plant catalase in bacterial cytosol. Protein and Peptide Letters 2008;15:1075-1078. (IF:1.097).
- Panda S K, Jyoti V, Bhadra B, Nayak KC, Shivaji S, Rainey FA, Das SK. Thiomonas bhubaneswarensis sp. nov., a novel obligately mixotrophic, moderately thermophilic, thiosulfate oxidizing bacterium. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 2009; in press. (IF:2.384).
- Pandey SK, Narayan KD, Bandyopadhyay S, Nayak KC, Das SK. Thiosulfate oxidation by Comamonas sp. S23 isolated from a sulfur spring. Current Microbiology 2009;58(5):516-521. (IF:1.167).
- **Reddy MK, Vasir JK, Sahoo S.K, Jain TK, Yallapu MM, Labhasetwar V. Inhibition of apoptosis through localized delivery of rapamycin-loaded nanoparticles prevented neointimal hyperplasia and reendothelialized injured artery. Circulation Cardiovascular Intervention 2006;1:209-216. (IF: 2.8).
- Sahu BB, Shaw BP. Salt-inducible isoform of plasma membrane H(+)ATPase gene in rice remains constitutively expressed in natural halophyte, Suaeda maritima, Journal of Plant Physiology 2009; in press. (IF:2.239).
- Baratchi S, Kaur R K, Khoshmanesh, Vasu P, Ashok C, Hittu M, Parratt A, Krishnakumar S, Sun X, Sahoo S.K and Kanwar JR. Promises of Nanotechnology for Drug Delivery to Brain in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Current Nanosciences 2009;5:15-25. (IF: 2.8).
- Das M, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK. Ligand-based targeted therapy for cancer tissue. Expert Opinion in Drug Delivery 2009;6:285-304. (IF: 2.8).
- Mohanty C, Arya G, Verma RS and Sahoo S.K, Nanobiotechnology: application of nanotechnology in therapeutics and diagnosis. International Journal of Green Nanotechnology: Biomedicine 2009; in press.
- Potala S, Sahoo SK, Verma R. Targeted therapy of cancer using diphtheria toxin-derived immunotoxins. Drug Discovery Today 2008;13(17-18):807-815. (IF: 7.7).
- Dilnawaz F, Acharya S, Misra R, Singh A and Sahoo SK. Nanotechnology and drug delivery. In: Bionanoscience, Nanorobotics, and Nanomedicine, Klaus Sattler (Ed), Taylor and Francis, 2009; in press.
- Dilnawaz F, Sahoo SK. Nanotechnology and its Impact on Aquaculture in Applied Bioinformatics. In: Statistics and Economics in Fisheries Research, Roy AK, Sarangi Niranjan (Eds), New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, 2008; 247-259.
- Mohanty C, Acharya S and Sahoo SK. Micelle: the multifunctional nanocarrier for colloidal drug delivery. In: Colloids in drug delivery, Monzer Fanun (Ed), Taylor and Francis/CRC Press, 2009; in press.
- Mohapatra H, Mohapatra SS, Mantri CK, Singh DV. Horizontal gene transfer and ICEs: a perspective with reference to SXT ICEs in Vibrio cholerae. In: New Horizon in Biotechnology. Pandey A, Larroche C, Soccol CR, Dussap C-G (Eds.), Asiatech Publishers, Inc, New Delhi, 2008, pp388-403.
Patents filed / granted
- Ch Mohan Rao, K Sridhar Rao, PV Ramchander, HN Madhavan, Savitri Sharma, Gita Satpathy and B V Ravi Kumar. A novel method for simultaneous detection and discrimination of Bacterial, fungal, parasitic and viral infections of eye and central nervous system. Application No. 1178/DEL/2007 A of 1-6-2007; The Patent Office Journal: 16/01/2009: 1643.
*: In press last year, published this year
**: Collaborative work of ILS faculty
- **Cao X, Costa LM, Petit CB, Kbhaya B, Dey N, Perez P, McCarty DR, Marcos JF, Becraft PW. Abscisic acid and stress signals induce viviparous 1 (vp1) expression in seed and vegetative tissues of maize. Plant Physiology 2007; 143(2):720-31.
- *Gautam US, Jajoo A, Singh A, Chakrabartty PK, Das SK. Characterization of an rpoN mutant of Mesorhizobium ciceri. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2007; 5:1798-1807.
Kar P, Dash AP, Supakar PC. Polymorphism study of rhoptry associated membrane antigen (RAMA) gene of Plasmodium falciparum-a putative vaccine candidate. Molecular Biochemistry and Parasitology 2007; 2:156-60.
- Kuila N, Sahoo DP, Kumari M, Biswas S, Patnaik RS, Pattnayak NC, Biswas G, Chakraborty S. EVI1, BAALC and AME: prevalence of the secondary mutations in chronic and accelerated phases of chronic myeloid leukemia patients from eastern India. Leukemia Research 2008; accepted.
- Mishra RK, Shaw BP, Sahu BK, Mishra S, Senga Y. Seasonal appearance of chlorophyceae phytoplankton bloom by river discharge off Paradeep at Orissa Coast in the Bay of Bengal. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 2008; accepted.
- Mohapatra Harapriya, Mohapatra SS, Mantri CK, Colwell RR, Singh DV. Vibrio cholerae non-O1, non-O139 strains isolated before 1992 from Varanasi, India are multiple drug resistant, contain intSXT, dfr18 and aadA5 genes. Environmental Microbiology 2008; 10(4):866-873.
- Mondal P, Dey N, Dash A, Chatterjee A, Sahu BB, Panda B, Maiti IB, Sabat, SC. Structural and functional analysis of rice catalase-gene promoter: presence of Dof and CAAT binding site. Plant Molecular Biology Report 2008; DOI 10.1007/s 11105-007-0011-6.
- Mondal P, Ray M, Kar M, Sabat SC. Molecular identification and properties of a light-insensitive rice catlase-B expression in E. coli. Biotechnology Letters 2008; 30(3):563-568.
Mondal P, Ray M, Sahu S, Sabat SC. Co-expression of GroEL/ES enhances the expression of plant catalase in bacterial cytosol. Protein and Peptide Letters 2008; In Press.
- Panda H, Pandey RS, Debata PR, Supakar PC. Cloning, expression, and functional analysis of rat liver cytosolic inorganic pyrophosphatase gene and characterization of its functional promoter. Gene Expression 2007; 14(1):13-22.
- *Panda H, Pandey RS, Debata PR, Supakar PC. Age-dependent differential expression and activity of rat liver cytosolic inorganic pyrophosphatase gene. Biogerontology 2007; 5:517-25.
- Rath B, Pandey RS, Debata PR, Naoki Maruyama, Supakar PC. Molecular characterization of senescence marker protein-30 gene promoter: identification of repressor elements and functional nuclear factor binding sites. BMC Molecular Biology 2008; 29:19-43.
- **Sar P, Rath B, Subudhi U, Chainy GBN, Supakar PC. Alterations in expression of senescence marker protein-30 gene by 3, 3′, 5-triiodo-L-thyronine (T3). Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 2007; 1-2:239-242.
- **Thomas S, Ramachandran D, Remani B, Singh DV. Detection and molecular characterization of Vibrio cholerae O1 Inaba biotype El Tor strain in Kerala, S India. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 2008; 24:433-434.
Sahu BK, Mohanty MC, Sahoo PK, Satapathy AK, Ravindran B. Protective immunity in human filariasis: a role for parasite specific IgA responses. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2008; 198:434-443.
Review articles/ Book chapter
- Parveen S, Sahoo SK. Polymeric Nanoparticles for Cancer Therapy. Journal of Drug Target 2008; 16 (2):108-23.
- Sahoo SK, Dilnawaz F, Krishnakumar S. Nanotechnology in ocular drug delivery. Drug Discovery Today 2008; 13 (3-4):144-51.
- Singh DV, Mohapatra Harapriya. Application of DNA based methods in typing Vibrio cholerae strains. Future Microbiology 2008; 3(1):87-96.
- **Thomas S, Praveen Kumar PP, Wilson PA, Bibin T, Singh DV. Molecular monitoring of Vibrio cholerae in the aquatic environment of Kerala. In: Environment and Health, Natarajan P, Paulose CS, Bright Singh IS, Pillai Raji K. (eds.) Rajiv Gandhi Chair in Contemporary Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin. 2007, pg. 67-78.