1. Anand A, Sharma A, Ravins M, Biswas D, Ambalavanan P, Lim XZK, Min RTY, Johri AK, Tirosh B, Hanski E. Unfolded protein response inhibitors cure group A streptococcal necrotizing fasciitis by modulating host asparagine. Science Translational Med. 2021, 13(605), eabd7465. [ISSN 1946-6234 (print), 1946-6242 (web); IF 17.99]
2. Biswas D, Ambalavanan P, Ravins M, Anand A, Sharma A, Lim XZK, Ming RTY, Lim HY, Bachrach G, Angeli V, Hanski E. LL-37-mediated activation of host receptors is critical for defense
against Group A Streptococcal Infection. Cell Reports. 2021, 34(9), 108766. [ISSN 22111247; Scopus Metrics 6.264; IF 9.423]
3. Vajjala A, Biswas D, Tay WH, Hanski E, Kline KA. Streptolysin-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress promotes group A Streptococcal host-associated biofilm formation and necrotizing fasciitis. Cellular Microbiology. 2019, 21, e12956. [ISSN 14625814 (print), 14625822 (web); IF 3.715]
4. Jobichen C, Tan YC, Prabhakar MT, Nayak D, Biswas D, Pannu NS, Hanski E, Sivaraman J. Structure of ScpC, a virulence protease from Streptococcus pyogenes, reveals the functional
domains and maturation mechanism. Biochemical Journal. 2018, 475(17), 2847-2860. [ISSN 0264-6021; IF 3.55]
5. Hertzog BB, Kaufman Y, Biswas D, Ravins M, Ambalavanan P, Wiener R, Angeli V, Chen SL, Hanski E. A Sub-population of Group A Streptococcus Elicits a Population-wide Production
of Bacteriocins to Establish Dominance in the Host. Cell Host & Microbe. 2018, 23(3), 312-323. [ISSN 19313128; IF 21.02]
6. Baruch M, Hertzog B, Ravins M, Anand A, Cheng CY, Biswas D, Tirosh B, Hanski E. Induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress and unfolded protein response constitutes a pathogenic strategy of group A streptococcus. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology. 2014, 4, 105. [ISSN 2235-2988; IF 5.293]
7. Biswas D, Sen G, Sarkar A, Biswas T. Atorvastatin acts synergistically with N-acetyl cysteine to provide therapeutic advantage against Fas-activated erythrocyte apoptosis during chronic arsenic exposure in rats. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2011, 250(1), 39-53. [ISSN 10960333; IF 4.219]
8. Biswas D, Sen G, Biswas T. Reduced cellular redox status induces 4-hydroxynonenal-mediated caspase 3 activation leading to erythrocyte death during chronic arsenic exposure in rats. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2010, 244(3), 315-327. [ISSN 10960333; IF 4.219]
9. Biswas D, Banerjee M, Sen G, Das JK, Banerjee A, Sau TJ, Pandit S, Giri AK, Biswas T. Mechanism of erythrocyte death in human population exposed to arsenic through drinking water.
Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2008, 230(1), 57-66. [ISSN 10960333; IF 4.219]
10. Sen G, Biswas D, Ray M, Biswas T. Albumin-quercetin combination offers a therapeutic advantage in the prevention of reduced survival of erythrocytes in visceral leishmaniasis. Blood Cells,
Molecules and Diseases. 2007, 39(3), 245-254. [ISSN 1079-9796 (print), 1096-0961 (web); IF 3.039]
1. Banerjee A, Chakraborty C, Kumar A, Biswas D. Emerging trends in IoT and big data analytics for biomedical and health care technologies. In book: “Handbook of Data Science Approaches for Biomedical Engineering.” Academic Press, 2020, Pages 121-152 [ISBN 9780128183182].
2. Ravins M, Ambalavanan P, Biswas D, Min RTY, Lim XZK, Kaufman Y, Anand A, Sharma A, Hanski E. Murine Soft Tissue Infection Model to Study Group A Streptococcus (GAS) Pathogenesis in Necrotizing Fasciitis. In volume: “Bacterial Virulence: Methods and Protocols” of series “Methods in Molecular Biology Series, Vol. 2427”. Springer US, Ed. 1, 2022, online publication [ISSN 1064-3745].