Membership of Societies
Drug design and discovery, Bioinformatics
In our lab, we are focusing on the following areas of interest
(1) Understanding the etiology of oral cancer to detect early and late stage biomarkers for the development of diagnostic and therapeutic approaches
(2) Analysis of biological networks (e.g. protein-protein interaction) for the identification of novel targets
(3) Impact of small alterations e.g. point mutations and indels on protein structure, function, and stability
(4) Identification of small molecule modulators (agonists/antagonists) using computational techniques.
Research activities: The following major research activities were conducted and/or going on:
1. Identification of candidate genes related to oral squamous cell carcinoma: The cancer of the oral cavity is a major concern in our country. We have used an integrated bioinformatics approach to predict candidate genes related to oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC). A detailed analysis led us to propose a role for four genes in the invasion and metastasis in OSCC. We further validated our predictions using immunohistochemistry (IHC) in the OSCC tissue samples.
|(Detailed study is published in Scientific Reports 2017, 7, 2472)|
|(Detailed study has been published in Scientific Reports 2017, 7, 41087)|
|(Detailed study was published in Biochimie, 2014, 97, 181-193.)|
|(Detailed study was published in Mol. BioSystems 2016, 12, 3017-3031.)|
4. The modeling and docking studies on A3AR receptor: The adenosine receptor (A3) belong to the G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). It has been modulated for the treatment of several diseases such as cancer, cardiac ischemia, asthma, glaucoma, and inflammation. A homology model of A3AR receptor has been developed and refined. A series of compounds have been designed, synthesized and their molecular docking studies in A3AR have been performed.
|(Detailed study was published in RSC Advances, 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C5RA26416B.)|
|(Detailed studies have been published in J. Med. Chem. 2013, 56, 6871-6885 and J. Med. Chem., 2014, 57, 7325-7341)|
Gaur, Stuti; Fatima, Zeeshan; Dixit, Anshuman; Ali, Zahid; Surin, William Rascan; Kappor, Kapil; Bhutani, Kanta; Ansari, Mohammed Salim; Dikshit, Madhu; Saxena, Anil Kumar; , 2-Alkyl/aryl sulphonyl-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydro-9h-pyrido (3, 4-b) indole-3-carboxylic acid esters/amides useful as antithrombotic agents, 2009, US Patent 7,601,838.
|Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Drug design and discovery
|Mr. S. Suresh (DST-SRF) – Ph.D. Scholar
Current Project :- Computational modeling and structural studies on DNA polymerase eta from C. albicans
M.Sc. (Bioinformatics) – GITM, Visakhapatanam
B.Sc. (Biotechnology) – Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Mr. Ravindra Kumar (DBT-SRF) – Ph.D. Scholar
Current project :- Bioinformatics Analysis of cancer genes and Identification of novel drug targets
M.Tech. (Bioinformatics) – University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
B.E. (Biotechnology) – NSIT, University of Delhi, New Delhi
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Mr. Sugandh Kumar (UGC-JRF) – Ph.D. Scholar
Current Project :– Computational Tools development and Bioinformatics analysis of drug development
M.Sc. (Bioinformatics) – Central University of Bihar, Patna (India)
B.Sc. (Biotechnology) – Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar (India)
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
|Dr. Pabitra Mohan Behera – Post-Doctoral Fellow (DST-SERB)
-#- Bioinformatics prediction and validation of novel candidate genes in diabetes mellitus
-#- Computational biology of protein kinases
PhD (Biotechnology), SOA University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 2015.
MSc (Bioinformatics), Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology, 2006.
BSc (CBZ, Hons with Distinction), Utkal University, 2004.
JRF/SRF in Centre of Biotechlogy, SOA University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 2010-2015.
Joined ILS as a Post-Doctoral Fellow in March 2016.
Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
|Ms. Shaheerah Khan – Ph.D Scholar
Current Project : Biological Network Analysis.
M.Sc (Bioinformatics) : University of Pondicherry, Puducherry
B.Sc (Zoology) : University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Drug design and discovery
Page under construction.
anshuman [at] ils [dot] res [dot] in, anshumandixit [at] gmail [dot] com
Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023, India
0091 674 2300728
0091 674 2300137/ 2301476 ext. 281
We are looking for bright, motivated researchers for our ongoing research in computational biology of cancer. Candidates having good programming skills, interest in machine learning and big data analysis are encouraged to apply for positions advertised on ILS website.