Dr. Chauhan received his bachelor’s degree from Rajasthan University, Jaipur and Master’s from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India. He joined the lab of Dr. JS Tyagi at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for his Ph.D. and his work was focused on transcriptional regulation in Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
After completion of his Ph.D. in 2009, he joined the laboratory of Dr. Douglas Boyd in the Department of Cancer Biology at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, US, for his first postdoctoral fellowship. His second postdoctoral fellowship was under the guidance of Dr. Vojo Deretic, one of the distinguished scientists in the field of autophagy at University of New Mexico (UNM), US.
He joined ILS in September 2015.
Santosh Chauhan awards and achievements
1. S Ramachandran-National Bioscience Award for Career Development-2019
2. EMBO Global Investigator- 2019-2023
3. Selected for Wellcome-DBT intermediate fellowship-2015
4. Selected for Ramanujan Fellowship-2015
5. Selected for Ramalingaswami Fellowship-2015
6. Associate Faculty Member for F1000Prime, 2014-present
7. Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences, 2009-2013.
8. Research Associateship CSIR, New Delhi. India, 2009.
9. Junior and Senior Research Fellowship, CSIR, India 2004-2009.
10. Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-2003, India.
11. Qualified national level combined biotechnology test, 2001 for M.Sc (Biotechnology).
12. Topper in M.Sc (Biotechnology), GNDU, Amritsar.
Lab awards and achievements
1. NASI young scientist platinum jubilee award -2019 – Dr. Subhash Mehto
2. Selected for Young scientist scheme- 2019 -Dr. Aruna Murmu
3. The 2019 Inspiring Science Award (TNQ and Cell Press) for the best Indian published paper finalist- Kautilya Kumar Jena (PhD Student).
4. Paper selected for short talk in Keystone conference on innate immunity, Taipei, Taiwan, 2019- Dr. Subhash Mehto (Postdoctoral Fellow)
5. Travel award from DST and Immunology Foundation to attend conference- Dr. Subhash Mehto (Postdoctoral Fellow)
6. AWSAR DST Award in pdf category- Dr. Nuzhat Ahsan
Please visit http://autophagylab.com for more details.