- Scientist D: Institute of Life Sciences (Nov 2015 onwards)
- Project Scientist: University of California, San Diego, USA (2011 to 2015)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: University of California, San Diego, USA (2008 to 2011)
- PhD: University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India (2001-2007)
Fellowships and Awards
- Wellcome Trust-DBT India Alliance Intermediate Fellowship-2015
- Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship, Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi 2014 (Fellowship not availed)
- Senior Research Fellowship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi
- Junior Research Fellowship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi
Recognized as Ph.D guide in the following universities;
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka
- KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM) : 2014 to Present
- American Society for Studies on Liver Diseases (AASLD) : 2012 to Present
- Indian Virological Society : 2016 onwards
- Characterise the virus-host interaction at the interface of mitochondrial processes/signalling implicated in cellular and mitochondrial homeostasis, metabolism, innate immunity and inflammation. We attempt to decipher how the flaviviruses exploit cellular mitochondria and determine the significance of these virus triggered events in the onset of disease pathogenesis.
- Understanding viral life cycle (such as entry, replication, assembly & egress) at the molecular level to identify viral and host proteins and cellular processes crucial for viral propagation.
- Mining and development of Antiviral compounds.