Antibiotic Resistance, Biofilm and Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Ph.D. (1990):Biochemistry(Microbiology), Banaras Hindu University.
Title: Studies on certain virulence properties of Aeromonas hydrophila.
- M.Sc. (1985): Biochemistry, Banaras Hindu University.
- B.Sc. (1982): Botany, Zoology Chemistry (Hon’s), Banaras Hindu University.
- Scientist F, (June 2, 2012 – Contd.), Scientist E, (June 2, 2007- June 1, 2012); Scientist D/ Associate Professor/ Reader, (June 2, 2003-June 1, 2007.), Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar-751023, India;
- Scientist C, (November 4, 1997-May 31, 2003); Scientist E-I, (August 28, 2000-November 30, 2002, on deputation); Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram–695014, India;
- Assistant Professor, (February 17, 1997–October 31, 1997), SBSPG Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Research, Dehradun–248161, India;
- Senior Research Associate, (August 1, 1996–February 16, 1997); Research Associate, (April 4, 1991–May 31, 1996); Senior Research Fellow and Junior Research Fellow, (March 1, 1986–February 28, 1991); Research Fellow, (September 17, 1985–February 28, 1986), Department of Microbiology, Institute of Medical Sciences. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221 005, India
- September 29, 2008- November 21, 2008, Microarray based analysis of Vibrio cholerae (Supervisor: Prof. Rita R. Colwell), Maryland Pathology Research Institute, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- August 5, 2002-September 13, 2002: PCR, gene cloning, expression, purification of protein, fermentation, mice immunization and subsequent challenge and survival study (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. G.S. Chhatwal, Department of Microbial Pathogenesis and Vaccine Research, GBF, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany).
- December 12, 2000-February 6, 2001: Monoclonal antibody production using Hybridoma technique and tissue culture assay (Supervisor: Dr. T. Ramamurthy, National Institute of Cholera & Enteric Diseases, Calcutta).
- March 22, 1998-July 12, 1998: Isolation and purification of plasmid DNA, homologous recombination, Colony and Western Hybridization (Supervisor: Prof. James B. Kaper, Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland).
- February 3, 1998-March 21, 1998: Molecular Biology including isolation and purification of chromosomal DNA, PCR, AFLP, RFLP, PFGE, Ribotyping, Dot-Slot, and Southern Hybridization (Supervisor: Prof. Rita R. Colwell, Center of Marine Biotechnology, UMBI, Baltimore, Maryland).
Research Experience: Twenty five years excluding PhD (5 years).
Research Guidance- PhD students: 07; in progress 04; MSc Thesis: 08
Membership of Professional Associations / Societies:
- Life Member: Association of Microbiologist of India
- Life Member: Indian Immunology Society
- Life Member: Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists
- Founder Member : Biotech Research Society of India
- Full Member: American Society for Microbiology
Reviewer’s of Scientific Journals: Ad-hoc reviewer of numbers of national/ international scientific journals.
Ad-hoc Referee of PhD Examination:
- University of Kerala, Trivandrum
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Ad-hoc Reviewer of Research Projects:
- Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi
- Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi